Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Came out of a business this evening and the remote would not work to unlock the truck. Tried both lock and unlock but neither worked. Tried the keypad to see if it was the keyless system or just the remote and the keypad worked fine for locking and unlocking. When I got home and put a new battery in the remote it still did not work. Tried a third battery with same result. The second remote that came with the truck still worked fine.

Was all set to get on eBay and find another one but thought I would try the learn procedure first. Got in the truck and put it in remote learn mode and it acknowledged the remote in programming. Now it works fine again.

I know you can have a maximum of 4 that the truck will listen too and the oldest will be lost when you program a 5th but the keypad was the last one I programmed almost 3 years ago. No idea why it would have removed one from the memory and not the others. Anyone else ever had their truck forget the remote?

·
Premium Member
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Very simple procedure compared to other vehicles. I did one for a girl I dating that had a Prius once, has you open the door with key in, key out, close door, turn key etc, took about 5 tries to get it right and programmed.

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
I had a Murano come in the shop that acted similar. It suddenly was no longer linked. New battery etc... reprogrammed it and it worked. then it quit again. did the relearn and has been working as far as i know for the past few months.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts