Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
on line
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought i'd share this. A friend told me long ago a good way to remove bugs off of paint and plastic that are pretty tough to get off. I had to do this the other day and it works fine on the front plastic. Take a dryer sheet (like Bounce) and wet it and rub it over the bugs and with little effort they should come right off. My front-end looked like an insect holocaust and two dryer sheets made it spotless. :bounce:

·
on line
1,407 Posts
Bounce dryer sheets wet work great. They also make the whole front of your X smell "spring air" fresh. I like the fact that they don't scratch the paint at all!

·
on line
1,361 Posts
Plus, aren't bounce dryer sheets supposed to be a mosquito repellant. That means once you clean it once, they bugs will just run away from you as you barrel down the road at 80mph :geek:

but seriously, I have read that in several places that they are supposed to work as a repellant

·
on line
315 Posts
I had heard that as well, and when I lived in Vietnam in 2003 I put them up in my hotel room. I only saw one bugger in two months in my room - so take that as you will. What can I say, I don't wanna catch malaria...so...I was willing to try anything!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts