Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
on line
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i dont know if this is in the right section but i had this crazy idea the other day:
ok you know those big a$$ (and loud as sh!t) air horn trumpets on the semi truck cabs?
i want those
driving in the parking lot of my high school behind ppl and blasting that horn is just too appealing to resist...
also just messing with ppl on the road sounds fun..
has anyone done this? thought about doing it?

im probabily going to need an onboard air compressor and tank and stuff and i plan on getting the trumpets from a salvage yard or something...

can anyone give any input on products, placement, wiring and such..

you all know this sounds fun ;)

·
on line
4,593 Posts
:cheers:

:D :D :D

That there's a go-to-jail-quick card.

:D

Hope they come on with your turn signals.

:D :D :D

·
on line
830 Posts
ON of the guys from Texas Nissan Offroad has them in his pathfinder. We were wheeling over the weekend and he would be in the middle of the park and honk it and we could hear him back at camp.

·
on line
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you might be able to fit the compressor and tank in the cargo box on the roof if you got it small enough.. and the horns i see on some trucks are just two individual ttrumpets that i was thinking you could mount directly to the sheet metal below the roof rack, behind the cargo box.. just a thought tho..
and that 4 horn set up sex posted the pic about, those sound so much better and look cooler but im again on a highschool junior's budget adn from what research i did, those look expensive, despite the problem of not having somewhere to put it

also something like this couldnt be illegal could it?
not like thats very high on the list of illegal things we do tho

haha and mtdewmike... thats EXACTLY what i want the horns for lol.. just thinking about the sr high parking lot and the reactions i get makes me smile... none the less a sadistic and evil smile lol

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Wow... that would be a great setup. 200psi and a 3 gallon tank!?!? That woud blast those sopomores who just got their drivers liscences right back to the DMV!

And I dont have them mounted yet but that system si going in the area where the spare tire was. There was also a post on club frontier where one guy mounted his to his back bumper. Cant find it though.

·
on line
3,285 Posts
teX-TERRA said:
you might be able to fit the compressor and tank in the cargo box on the roof if you got it small enough..
It is my understanding that the little compressors get quite hot. With this in mind, you might melt the cargo box. I like S-E-X-terra's idea of mounting it in the spare tire area with it's own skid plate.

·
on line
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah i measured the box and its too small to fit anything substantial in the box anyways.. im planning on getting a loadwarrior then putting the tank and compressor under where the tire went... the skid plates a good idea too... sex did you mean you also put the horn assembly under there tooo? im thinking thats going to be a negative cuz my spare is frequently covered in mud. my buddies changed my spare out during auto tech and said they had to sweep the floor afterwards cuz so much mud fell off
im not a genius but i dont know how good a horn would sound full of mud.. yall think theres room in the engine compartment for a 7x6x15 inch horn setup?

·
on line
615 Posts
teX-TERRA said:
yall think theres room in the engine compartment for a 7x6x15 inch horn setup?
can you fit a square peg in a round hole?:blackeye:

I tried to find a place for my PA speaker in the engine bay but just settled to hide it under the spare on my roof. I'm not sure if they are too big, but if you mounted them opening down I don't see how the mud could be an issue especially with a skidplate.

·
on line
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
in my previous post the hole tri horn set up is 6 wide x 7 tall x 15 long.. and putting them oppening down.. i would have to fab or buy another mounting braket and i havent measured the tire compartment but im thinking that at 15 inches, it might stick down aa little bit.. i alos havent measured the roof cargo area but im hoping i can bolt it to the sheet metal below the load warrior... or if i have to,, actually in the load warrior or something... oh decisions decisions lol

·
on line
615 Posts
you won't be able to fit it below the loadwarrior but i do believe if you put your tire on the rack it will fit underneath the tire and you can face it foward, plus the rim of the tire will reverberate the horn noise....just make sure you angle the horn slightly downward so no rainwater can enter it

·
on line
3,262 Posts
someone on this site, a long long time ago (maybe a year and a half) had some horns mounted on his roof in between some hella lights. I cannot remember who it was... any of you older members remember who im talking about??

·
on line
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
naw dude... i have lost 4 bids and about to be 5 because ppl w/faster internet connections than me are sniping the bids at the last second.. i was winning the horn in put in the link the entire time, the countdown ended and said i still won but by the time the final results page refreshed, i had lost by $2.50... you guys have no idea how frustrating this is to loose like this every time...
but the place im getting it from http://www.siege-engineering.com/ is an ebay store, so there constantly updating their ebay inventory so its just a matter of time before i finally win one..
oh and whenever im driving and see kids walking around i just grin thinking about when i get the horn lol

1 - 20 of 39 Posts