Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
on line
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night while the weather was bad my factory installed alarm was going off every 15 mins between 6pm and 645 am....needless to say my neighbors weren't too happy today. It was raining and windy but i've never had a problem with the alarm being sensitve at all. I can climb on the steps in the back and open the roof bin and pull on door handles without the alarm going off. I dont think rain would cause this problem. Any other ideas?? I was thinking maybe a short in the sensor or somewhere in the electrical system (i have been having the hatch light go on and off while driving). I have very limited knowledge of a cars electrical system but i plan on bringing the truck in

·
on line
1,340 Posts
Maybe water was getting in and shorting your electrical system. Any body work?

·
on line
631 Posts
mine did it too last winter. it was annoying because i was sitting in the parking lot and it kept going off. it was raining pretty bad too. i took it to nissan and they hooked the scan tool up and reset the BCM (body control module)... at least thats what they told me.

·
on line
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No body work done. Im gonna try to bring the car in sometimes this week. I'll keep you guys posted. Glad to see it's just not me having this problem

·
on line
1,479 Posts
Yeah keep us posted, i haven't had it happen but in case it does i want to know how to fix it

·
on line
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wont be able to get to the dealer till about thursday...Work and holiday. But i'll be sure to post what is said. I never have had a problem with my dealer....ex g/f's dad is service manager. He takes care of me for some reason.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts