Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '07 Xterra AT. This morning when my boyfriend went to start the truck it took about 5 revolutions before the truck would start and the check engine light came on along with Slip and VDC Off. (I'm not too worried about the Slip and VDC off, as I've had that come on before. I'm more worried about the trouble starting and check engine light.)
He took it to work, let her cool off (about 30 minutes) and then tried to start her again. Same result. (Weather is 9 C and raining. Don't think that would matter, but I'll include it anyways)

We replaced the battery about a month ago. Little bigger than the one we had in there. 800CCA/960CA Haven't had any issues with it yet.

We did do a lot of driving yesterday, mostly pavement (13 hrs) with about 4 hours on FSR's. At one point I did have to put about 15L of "generic" gas into my tank:pukeright:, as it was the only station around before we headed up an FSR.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have tried searching for an answer, but couldn't find anything that would fit the 5 revolutions and then starting. :dontknow:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Boyfriends dad has a code reader and is going there in about an hour. I'll post the codes once I get them (along with looking at the codes page).
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Code came back as P0340 Cam position sensor bank or sensor malfunction. Beside the error there was 1/2. Not quite sure what that means.

·
Registered
5,492 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts