Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
on line
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I'm not sure if this is even in the right spot, but I'm having trouble accessing this site from my MAC laptop. I have installed firefox and Opera with no luck, is this something with the web hosting service?? We need some love for the MAC users :rockin: :wav:

·
on line
641 Posts
contenderv07 said:
Hey everyone, I'm not sure if this is even in the right spot, but I'm having trouble accessing this site from my MAC laptop.
So you must have used a different platform to make your posting? Is it also a MAC?

On your laptop, I'd do some 'basic trouble shooting'. Make sure you have typed the URI correctly! (an obvious error, but it's easy to do) Clear any browser cache, history, and cookies associated with thenewx.org. Test to see if other websites can be accessed properly. Disable javascript, display of images, and CSS.

If you are using Firefox, you can get the Live HTTP Headers plugin:
http://livehttpheaders.mozdev.org/
which will let you look at the HTTP traffic between your browser and the webserver.

·
on line
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
not sure what the problem was. Just reloaded the OS and everything works fine. My friend and I looked at the error console and determined it was a javascript error. Anywho , we reloaded OSX and everything is working fine :cheers:

·
Read Only
656 Posts
willgr1 said:
no problems on my mac.....i stick with safari
X2 I only use IE or Firefox for the few pages that won't open w/ Safari. Most of the time it is due to the website programmer: the site checks which browser you are running and if it doesn't find it on the "compatible" list, the page won't load. Safari can usually run anything, but some website builders haven't tested Safari, ergo it does not make the list of compatible browsers.

·
on line
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea I tried with Safari earlier, but no go. Once I reinstalled everything (MAC's are great), it kept teh user profile settings (apps, etc) but pretty much just installed the OS and everything works great. I guess it was a corrupt java update I got. Who knows, but now I can get my NEWX fix for the hour haha

1 - 6 of 6 Posts