Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn’t realize until yesterday while deleting my front sway bar that my current UCAs are not stock!

They look a bit like PRGs, but they seem to have a bump stop for the coil bucket...of course, I bought it used and the previous owner has no records on these being replaced.

Anyone have an idea what brand these are?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
255 Posts
I believe you are correct on the PRGs, they have the adjustable heim joints. That'd be pretty cool if they came with aftermarket UCAs!!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@BlazinGuns, yes they are first version PRGs, from the look of it I would HIGHLY recommend replacing the ball joint and heim joints, and your radflos need to be rebuilt.

Yes, I’m saving up for the radflos. Why do you suggest the heim joints? My records show the previous owner replaced them about 10,000 miles ago.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Yes, I’m saving up for the radflos. Why do you suggest the heim joints? My records show the previous owner replaced them about 10,000 miles ago.

they dont looked to have been ever lubed and also the ball socket looks pretty cruddy.

the way id do it is find a set of factory uppers from someone in town to barrow. pop them in, and re powder and rebuild the UCAs and then once an oil change, take some white lithium spray and put just like one light squirt on the joints and ball, and then you won't have to ever worry about them.

just tryin' to be looking out man, Mrs. Unseens were really bad and about to catastrophically fain before I realized they needed a rebuild, hate for you to learn the hard way like I did

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
they dont looked to have been ever lubed and also the ball socket looks pretty cruddy.

the way id do it is find a set of factory uppers from someone in town to barrow. pop them in, and re powder and rebuild the UCAs and then once an oil change, take some white lithium spray and put just like one light squirt on the joints and ball, and then you won't have to ever worry about them.

just tryin' to be looking out man, Mrs. Unseens were really bad and about to catastrophically fain before I realized they needed a rebuild, hate for you to learn the hard way like I did

Well thanks! I’ll get working on that. I know nothing about these things, just assumed they were stock.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts