81 - 100 of 183 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #87 (Edited)

·
Registered
667 Posts
Hefty Fabworks front winch bumper ordered! The wait begins...
Congrats. Did you order the steel or aluminum?

One of Hefty's welders, Jeremy, came up with a neat winch controller mount solution for me. There's a long shelf-like piece of factory metal behind the plastic grill parallel to the stock bumper. Chris took a cutoff wheel to it and removed maybe 2/3 of the shelf. The remaining section on the driver side became the mount for the controller. I need to adjust it a little because the controller is pushing against my grill. But the idea is a good one and I haven't seen anyone else do it. Might want to consider this as opposed to making a bracket to attach near the cooler.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
Hefty Fabworks front winch bumper ordered! The wait begins...
Congrats. Did you order the steel or aluminum?

One of Hefty's welders, Jeremy, came up with a neat winch controller mount solution for me. There's a long shelf-like piece of factory metal behind the plastic grill parallel to the stock bumper. Chris took a cutoff wheel to it and removed maybe 2/3 of the shelf. The remaining section on the driver side became the mount for the controller. I need to adjust it a little because the controller is pushing against my grill. But the idea is a good one and I haven't seen anyonbe else do it. Might want to consider this as opposed to making a bracket to attach near the cooler.
I ordered steel with full grill guard. Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
LED project complete! I replaced the 6000k front corner markers with amber LED's. I liked the yellow look at first but in the end I think amber looks better. I replaced the front turn signals/parking lights with amber LED's from Diode Dynamics.

Next up...winch, HID projector retrofit (no halos, angel/demon eyes!), Morimoto LED fogs and 20" LED amber light bar...all after I receive my bumper from Hefty.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
I made it out to Tahuya ORV Park near Belfair, WA this last weekend with NWXC. Unfortunately, I didn't take many pics but I did manage to get one at the end as I was about to air up.

I also recently installed a tablet mount for my 7" Galaxy Tab. Nothing fancy and it's easy to remove when I'm not using it.

And my latest purchase, a Ballistic Fabrication rear diff. cover, will be installed soon (thanks jeffnjm3!).

I'm still patiently waiting for my Hefty front bumper (ordered in December). I plan on installing a winch, HID projector headlights (retrofit), and 22" amber LED light bar once it arrives.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
Happens at tahuya often. It's such an easy trail there's normally not that much stopping and picture taking.
And I'm okay with that. I would rather just have fun on the trail with a couple of breaks than make frequent stops for photos.

Is that tablet linked to the X or is it just a Nissan logo backround?

Also, how are those duratracs in the snow?
It's just a Nissan logo background. Duratracs handle great in the snow. I've only been stuck once and it was deep, packed snow that I basically got high centered on.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
I removed my custom drop-in roof rack and made a new mounting bar for my rear LED pods (mounted lower so that they fit below my new RTT). This is a temporary solution that cost less than $20 to make. I also reinstalled my OEM crossbars for now.

And the tent has arrived!

81 - 100 of 183 Posts