Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
on line
2,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, i am back from a week at the CHNSS and am here to report on how the 2007 xterra X did.

Awesomely!

I ran 25lbs of air in the tires and hit oregon inlet, the point, the interdunal road from the point to frisco, ocracoke ramp 67. Hatteras point. Did not have any troubloe at all and in fact, it performed easily on the sand. I did a couple small doughnuts, best I could in 4x4. I noticed no abnormal noises etc with the albls and i tunred vdc off. I also noticed the tire pressure light come on as expected and go off as expected.

all in all, it did wonderfully on hilly deep sand etc. I took it up a nice hill right next to the ferry terminal on north ocracoke and it was unstoppable....

:)

·
on line
106 Posts
I got a house off Sand Rd. which is right across from the ferries. I normally run 20 lbs of air but it depends on how dry the sand is. The X doesn't really break a sweat down there it runs beautifully. Could you run all the way down to the access roads to the inlet or was that closed do to the birds nest. Good to here you had a good trip.

·
on line
1,891 Posts
We could use some pics, I'm planning on going out there when I get back from this hot desert. I think we should get something together for the end of this year, and head out there.

·
on line
2,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
as far as running down to the hatteras inlet, i am not too sure if the interdunal road went all the way to the inlet or not. I do know that on the beach side, you couldn't go beyond a certain point and that was well before the inlet.

i have a few pics of the xterra on the sand and I will post here soon.....

·
on line
2,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
one thing i did notice, my 2002 xterra xe always had trouble on the cape points northmost entrance becuse the sand there is so deep and it's on an incline leaving the beach. The '07 didn't have trouble at all. It just motored right through. That extra 100 horse power or so difference makes on the difference in the world between the two.... I could actually stop halfway voluntarily,. and start back up, no problem...

·
on line
2,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah i know!

how do i post a pic here?[/img]

·
on line
1,716 Posts
Host your pics on photobucket.com or something like that, then save the link to your pics and place them into the brackets.
Code:
[img] your photo here [/img]
It looks like this:
Code:
[IMG]http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n291/JAdams8239/PC180013.jpg[/IMG]
and the pic turns out like this:

·
on line
615 Posts
Nice report, I am in Corolla, NC right now on a house that is on an offroad only beach. Its great passing all these stuck Jeep Commanders with the owners looking, jaws on floor, as a Nissan goes through the deeper stuff right beside what they got stuck in....I'm running 25 also...PICS!!!!!

·
on line
2,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah, i must say, the new X thoroughly stomped everything else I have ever driven. That north end ramp on cape point is no joke coming back from the ocean. I specifically remember it taking me a few runs to get up it in my 2002 x, and the 01 santa fe, well, forget it. This new xterra totally rocks and is confidence inspiring to say the least. I wil lpost pics later this week, kinda swamped getting back into the real world (when will i hit the lottery???)..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts