Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have an interesting idea (I think anyway) to trim the front mud flaps I will be removing the rear altogether. I like the way the X looks with the mud flaps installed, and I will be bedlining them anyway. But I was considering the possibility of cutting off the bottom (actual flap part) of the mud flaps, and putting the upper part back on to the fender (as a kind of protector for the edge of the paint). I would then sand them so that there is no lip or edge and bedline them so that they look like they could have come on the X.

Has this been done before and if so could someone point me towards the thread? If not I will make a how-to when I get around to doing it.

·
on line
1,113 Posts
I can't say I've seen anyone do this but thats because most of us usually take them off for wheeling and they never go back on. I say go for it and see how it comes out. Also you can probably get a set from someone for the price of shipping if you dont want to cut yours up.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can't say I've seen anyone do this but thats because most of us usually take them off for wheeling and they never go back on. I say go for it and see how it comes out. Also you can probably get a set from someone for the price of shipping if you dont want to cut yours up.
I might do that just so that if they look like **** i have something to go back to. Thanks for the idea
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you guys know if post '08 mud flaps are the same at 07 flaps? I dont want to start making offers on somebody's and find out that they don't fit once they get here

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just throw them away of you don't like it. It looks better without. I would not buy more mud flaps, that's the last thing you wanna spend money on.

But yea all the years should be the same.
Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
See thats the thing i do like the way the front mud flaps look, I just don't like the sh*tty clearances, I am throwing out the backs but I want a set of fronts to experiment with

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well guys I just took off the mud flaps for the first time to plan my cuts... they aren't going back on... idk why but I suddenly like it more this way lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts