Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Noobie - AKA jRhett02
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a strange question. When I Trigger the rear washer fluid/wiper causes the front washer fluid to spray. It just started happening within the last 6 months. Any idea what the cause might be?

Thanks,

·
Noobie - AKA jRhett02
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Always Happens

Is it an always happening thing or just random?
Since it started it has been constant. When I clean the back, the rear fluid is sprayed and the re-wiper actuates. At that same time that the rear fluid is spraying the front sprays however the front wipers do not come on as they would if you clean the front.

·
Noobie - AKA jRhett02
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Could be a sign that your pump is going bad
BakerX05, do you know if there is any way to test the pump? Is the pump and the Reservoir one unit or are there after market pumps I can install? I've Googled it and cant find any good videos of the pump being replaced and I can't find any "Washer Pumps" for a 2007 Xterra on Google shopping.

·
on line
2,263 Posts
Does it run both either way? will it run the back if you do the front or it just runs both when you activate the rear?

If I remember correctly there are 2 plugs on the pump which is located in your passenger wheel fender. One is for the front window and one is for the back. If the pump works on both it could be something inside the pump that is bad.
You have to order the reservoir kit which will come with a new pump. My pump went back and that was the only way I could find to get a pump.

·
Noobie - AKA jRhett02
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Does it run both either way? will it run the back if you do the front or it just runs both when you activate the rear?

If I remember correctly there are 2 plugs on the pump which is located in your passenger wheel fender. One is for the front window and one is for the back. If the pump works on both it could be something inside the pump that is bad.
You have to order the reservoir kit which will come with a new pump. My pump went back and that was the only way I could find to get a pump.
When I run the front it's fine meaning that only the front work when triggered. The issue is only when the back is triggered.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
on line
2,263 Posts
Its hard to tell what the issue is, it also could be your stick on the steering wheel. Some how its sending a signal to activate both.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
on line
2,362 Posts
Most Nissans run a single pump. Reverse the voltage to have it go front or back. More then likely the pump is going bad. Slight chance a check valve for pressure control in the line is going bad, but probably the pump.

·
Premium Member
2,304 Posts
Wow that stalk is $$$ $105 at the dealer, looks like there is one on eBay from a wrecked 2010 for $70.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts