Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
on line
13,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Out of curiosity, i called Tri City Nissan where i got my Xterra and asked about my warrenty and such. I wanted to know if i got bigger tires, would it void my warrenty?

The guy gave me an emphatic NO. He said get whatever sized tires i wanted and dont worry about it. Now im thinking, should i go get this in writting?

And I know jason..............bigger tires..gimmie a hard time. But i think im going to get my steel wheels powder coated and throw some 285's on them.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Hey, I am all for larger tires (within reason). I will run 33" tires as long as I can.

Now, I would get that in writing from the service manager. Will that do that, maybe, but my guess is not.

·
on line
14 Posts
Be careful with what service managers say. I had an Audi a long time ago and my dealer encouraged me to chip it telling me that it would still be covered under warranty etc .... I never chipped the car but another local guy did. Fast forward a year and the dealer decided to void the guys warranty. Furthermore, the service manager put a note on his VIN in the Audi computer system so that no dealer would honor the warranty on drivetrain related issues.
Never trust car dealers ....

Albert

·
on line
735 Posts
my dealer said they'd be cool with ME having 285's, but I'm 38, paid for my X because I bought a car I could afford, and am not a high risk customer ( like a 23 year old). I would not expect to get that in writing. I'd prefer to trade for 265's, personally, but $700 worth of 285 bfg's stacked up in the garage counts for something. The nissan places around here aren't getting a lot of X/ fronty drivetrain jobs, but of course they did mention titan rear ends.

·
on line
131 Posts
If you are going to do like me and have a second set of wheels, why tell them? I just make sure that the dealer has never seen my truck with the 33's. It will be hard for them to deny my warranty with the stock 265/65 17's.

·
on line
735 Posts
The X is a good value and I prefer to own two cars so no $40k luxo ride for me either. I didn't go into detail, but dealer service is better if you aren't real young and if you are nearly stock. Jeep has been pretty good about warranty on lifted jeeps, Nissan has been good to me.. I dunno you will always hear about being blacklisted due to mods no matter what the make.

the whole front diff thing bothers me, the only problem worth mentioning with outr trucks.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts