Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
What the stock bumper has sucks , that's why your looking for new options.. These guys have recommended the two best options for your application as tested by members on the forum . Advice: take it or leave it .
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
theres like rubber strip with tread pattern that has an adhesive backing on it ive seen at walmart before, maybe go that route if youre really wanting something

·
Premium Member
9,791 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks, like your post notes, the tape is made for removing skin. with the little ones needing to crawl into the back this isn't good. i'm looking at stair treads, and i was going to either screw them down or use panel clips.

-SM-

·
Premium Member
9,791 Posts
thanks, like your post notes, the tape is made for removing skin. with the little ones needing to crawl into the back this isn't good. i'm looking at stair treads, and i was going to either screw them down or use panel clips.

-SM-
lol, yeah, the tape is most effective at skin removal. i don't have any other good ideas for you...

·
Registered
1,121 Posts

·
Registered
1,469 Posts

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Does that 'grip tape' work when it's really wet, or say in snow, etc.?

I've used it before, just seems like I had an issue with one of those scenarios on my sliders back when. It's better than nothing, just you still need to use caution sort of thing under those conditions IIRC.

I have some rubber roll that has a nice tread pattern on it that I'm thinking about using on either sliders or if I do a bumper...only bad part is it's a little heavy, so may not.

·
on line
22,508 Posts
Does that 'grip tape' work when it's really wet, or say in snow, etc.?

I've used it before, just seems like I had an issue with one of those scenarios on my sliders back when. It's better than nothing, just you still need to use caution sort of thing under those conditions IIRC.

I have some rubber roll that has a nice tread pattern on it that I'm thinking about using on either sliders or if I do a bumper...only bad part is it's a little heavy, so may not.
The 3m stuff I used is great in rain, mud, and snow.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
The 3m stuff I used is great in rain, mud, and snow.
That's good to know, thanks. I know 3M usually makes a good product, so perhaps I had an off-brand or something. Been so long, trying to recall the details but do remember being disappointed at the time. I'm sure the stuff comes in different 'grits', much like sandpaper, so could've even used a smoother one. Definitely prefer that over some thick rubber tread stuff I have, for weight especially.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts