Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 xterra 6mt. Ive been easy on the car as it is new. I noticed today if shifting around or above 3500rpms the car makes a burbling sound when clutching in to shift. The sound is more apparent at higher rpms Is this normal for the engine/transmission? Ive never really heard this on other cars.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It very well may be a back pressure sound in between shifts? Im not really sure but its definitely something that sounds similar. Do you think thats what im hearing from the stock exhaust and not the transmission?

·
on line
10,980 Posts
Sounds normal to me ... not sure exactly what it is, but mine has always done something similar (actually almost identical, at least by ear). I've attributed it to engine/exhaust noise.

·
on line
10,980 Posts
Fair enough; though I will note: that by "always done that" I'm talking 95k+ miles and almost right on 6 years of use. :eek:ccasion5:

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Yup that's normal, sounds like it's coming from the exhaust. My 350z did that too and it was louder.

You have an aftermarket exhaust on yours cuz it sounds really cool. If it's the stock one, that's awesome. I have an auto so mine doesn't sound quite like that.

Btw.. congrats on your 2015... ahhh the joys of having a new rig. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts