Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
on line
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I explain the issue this is not a mixing issue. I did the bypass when the issue started to become apparent on this forum.

About 6 months after performing the bypass I noticed a small transmission fluid leak on the front passenger wheel well. The problem was a leaking hose connection on the outlet of my aux external radiator for transmission fluid. Once fixed I checked the fluid level and found it to be high. I assumed that the extra fluid in the system was due to the loss volume in size of the OEM radiator and my aux external. I took about half a pint out to get the dipstick level correct.

Since then I noticed very rough shifts when accelerating from a stop. I also get rough shifts when turning at low speeds from time to time.

I am not sure what the issue is but I guess to sum up my thoughts in a question; Does performing the bypass mod change the where you should check the fluid level on the dip stick?

·
on line
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How did you check your fluid levels? The vehicle should be warmed up to normal operating temps (not just drove around the block) and running when you check your fluid levels.
I checked it warm and cold. I have two lines on the dipstick.

·
on line
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am unsure what exactly the problem is as well because it really is just accelerating from a stop that you notice a hard jerk when the truck takes off. I guess I might try flushing the ATF again.

·
on line
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The other question I have is if I should have the dealership look at it. They changed the ATF last when I got a leak and it was covered under warrenty. If the tranny is damaged I think I would have more of a leg to stand on by saying they put too much oil in when they did the service.

If I do the poor mans flush and the problem does not go away I think my leverage to get it covered by the dealership also dissolves as well.

Thoughts?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts