21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Pick one

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
so, after running bypassed for years, and finally switching to a new radiator, if i could do it all again i would have just changed the radiator to begin with. the bypass/ external cooler seemed fine, until it wasnt. over heated out on a trail.

short answer to your question, pretty much any air to air cooler will work, but its a band aid.

i went with the koyorad a2807, purchased from amazn.. 2 day shipping baby!

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
so, after running bypassed for years, and finally switching to a new radiator, if i could do it all again i would have just changed the radiator to begin with. the bypass/ external cooler seemed fine, until it wasnt. over heated out on a trail.

short answer to your question, pretty much any air to air cooler will work, but its a band aid.

i went with the koyorad a2807, purchased from amazn.. 2 day shipping baby!
I agree with above. I've been running bypassed for a couple years now. Its been fine... but after some slow wheeling in 4hi (needed ABLS in crossed up sections), I felt like it was getting too hot.
Koyo A2807 is now on order from CarID for ~$130+tax. Amazon was ~$150. FRSport was closer to 180-190 once shipping was added (not sure if that had tax yet).

Now to decide on what hoses to use, and what other small things to replace as preventative measures on a 10yr / 100k mi truck. Popped this heater core fitting last weekend... so I'm taking it as a warning to get it all in order.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I agree with above. I've been running bypassed for a couple years now. Its been fine... but after some slow wheeling in 4hi (needed ABLS in crossed up sections), I felt like it was getting too hot.
Koyo A2807 is now on order from CarID for ~$130+tax. Amazon was ~$150. FRSport was closer to 180-190 once shipping was added (not sure if that had tax yet).

Now to decide on what hoses to use, and what other small things to replace as preventative measures on a 10yr / 100k mi truck. Popped this heater core fitting last weekend... so I'm taking it as a warning to get it all in order.
I think I need to replace my rad. too... but I looked at the radiator on the carID it it looks totally different from FRSport one... I wonder why...

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I'm assuming you are referring to the top opening being center vs right and the trans cooler fittings beind straight out vs pointed at each other?
I normally don't put too much importance on the pics as so many sites just use a stock image. Part number is whats important to me. Guess I'll see when it shows up.

With that said....
Autoplicity, THmotorsport, and FRSport's pics match each other.
CarID and Amazon's pics match each other.

The Koyo website's drawing matches CarID and Amazon.

My '09 S 4x4's top hose matches Koyo,CarID, and Amazon. I can't see the lower fittings with the skids installed.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I got my A2807 from CarID last week for $117.55 + $8.85 tax with no shipping. Jim is the guy who helped me...Straight to the point, no extra junk and easy going. I'll call him again for future items.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Wow.... CarID koyo radiator just showed up... that's exactly 25hrs to the minute from clicking order to in my hands! It shipped from in my city.
It does indeed match the Koyo's drawing, CarID, and Amazon's pictures.

What exactly do you want pictures of?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Wow.... CarID koyo radiator just showed up... that's exactly 25hrs to the minute from clicking order to in my hands! It shipped from in my city.
It does indeed match the Koyo's drawing, CarID, and Amazon's pictures.

What exactly do you want pictures of?
If it's no problem for you just few photos from few sides that would be awesome

21 - 31 of 31 Posts