Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What fluids do you guys recommend for a 06 OR with a 6 speed? I've been reading and it seems like everyone says Royal purple ATF or Syncromesh for the T-case is a good option? Obviously Amsoil would be better, hard to find in my area.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
What fluids do you guys recommend for a 06 OR with a 6 speed? I've been reading and it seems like everyone says Royal purple ATF or Syncromesh for the T-case is a good option? Obviously Amsoil would be better, hard to find in my area.

Thoughts?
Amsoil delivers or they can ship to a local Amsoil facility. I had my shipped to my house as it was a $2 difference. Try www.amsoil.com and they help you narrow down what you need.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Nissan OEM fluid from Jersey parts. it's cheap, and works great. My T-case shifts perfectly, nearly instant.

There is no need to use other fluids for "better" performance, and you have peace of mind knowing it's the correct fluid, and won't eat your bearings or some such. There is probably nothing wrong with the other fluids, but why fuss with it when the OEM is what it's meant to have, is cheap, and does the job.

From my recent order:

Item Number: 999MP-AA100P
Item Name: GENUINE NISSAN MATIC (D) FLUID
Options: None.
Quantity: 3
Price: $5.63
Unit Subtotal: $16.89

I ordered 3 quarts, but 2 should fill it. I like to keep extra on hand in case I spring a leak.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts