Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
on line
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went camping this weekend going up a hill and went to hit the gas and it acted like it was in neutral,waited a couple seconds and hit the gas it reved up still not pulling let off the gas back in the throttle everythings fine, next day going down to town (different hill) and I'm coasting down the hill I hear a thump and it revs up to 3 grand I had to stomp the gas twice to get it to idle down. It did fine on the way home I checked all fluids everything is normal. I did change the air filter before I started home old one was pretty dirty but I dont see how that could cause the problem.

·
on line
1,361 Posts
is it under warranty, i would head to the dealer if so, if not a local trusted mechanic.

·
on line
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for all the feedback on my problem. I would think I would get more help on this forum than any other one, guess I was wrong.

·
on line
429 Posts
Raymond06 said:
Thanks for all the feedback on my problem. I would think I would get more help on this forum than any other one, guess I was wrong.
You're bitching now, almost a month later? Go to the dealer or mechanic for "feedback on your problem". So you didn't get three pages of advice or solutions to your problem, get over it.

·
on line
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Shodan you take things way to personal chill the hell out dude. this forum s to get advice on our rigs. Mine is out of warranty so I wanted to see if anyone else has had a similar problem. For those that want to contribute some constructive feedback mine is an auto tranny.

·
on line
1,084 Posts
I have an auto and get that klunk going into reverse most of the time....no all the time.
keep us posted after your appointment

·
on line
874 Posts
I only notice the "clunk" when on an incline....

·
on line
2,876 Posts
Raymond06 said:
Went camping this weekend going up a hill and went to hit the gas and it acted like it was in neutral,waited a couple seconds and hit the gas it reved up still not pulling let off the gas back in the throttle everythings fine, next day going down to town (different hill) and I'm coasting down the hill I hear a thump and it revs up to 3 grand I had to stomp the gas twice to get it to idle down. It did fine on the way home I checked all fluids everything is normal. I did change the air filter before I started home old one was pretty dirty but I dont see how that could cause the problem.

Ok, since it is outta warranty, things i would start with checking the fluid level of the transmission. If tha tis ok, I would wonder maybe there is a computer code being thrown??? If not, then it will more than likely be a mechanical issue. Maybe a flush and refill first??? If that doesn't solve, time for the mechanic and screw the dealer....unless you have money to boin.... the thump you heard while coasting could have been the torque converter disengaging????? I'd check for codes...

·
on line
3,050 Posts
Just had my tranny checked...the service technition I always deal with who is awesome..took it for a test drive and noticed nothing. Even though they seem to think there is no problem at least it is on record that I brought it in to have it looked at.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts