Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
on line
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I picked up my camper. Well my left turn signal and brake light won't function. It is an issue with the truck because I found my POS multi-meter and I don't get 12V when the turn signal is on.

I really didn't have time to trouble shot. Anyone else with this issue?

·
on line
3,217 Posts
You got the relay that goes into the kick panel to power it right? If so then check them and make sure that it didn't trip. If the relay and fuses are good then you'll have to trace it to see if it's a grounding issue or not.

·
on line
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dan galusha said:
You got the relay that goes into the kick panel to power it right? If so then check them and make sure that it didn't trip. If the relay and fuses are good then you'll have to trace it to see if it's a grounding issue or not.
Yeah I installed the relays. I have to look to see what wire is what.

·
on line
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well I finally crawled under the X to figure out my issue with the left turnsignal of my trailer harness. Took out the piece I installed and tested it for shorts. Nothing.

Then had the wife put on the brakes and found no voltage at the factory connection. Tried to chase the wires back to the BCM, but there are too many freakin wires. Plus I have no idea where the BCM is? Anyone?

I don't have my SM here so I will have to wait until I get back to the office. Total frustration. I don't want to go to the stealer for this.

·
on line
3,217 Posts
I'll let ya know when I get home in another couple of hours. Left the laptop at home. I need to bring it with me like I used to.

·
on line
3,217 Posts
Ok.

The BCM is located under the dash off of the Right hand side of the steering column sitting in the seat looking forward.

·
on line
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dan galusha said:
Ok.

The BCM is located under the dash off of the Right hand side of the steering column sitting in the seat looking forward.
Thanks guys. I will look for this stuff tomorow. Only my trailer turn signal doesn't work. My X turn signal works fine. The X uses the BCM to mange the trailer lights.

·
on line
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
USMC XTERRA said:
Xterrafield had same problem, it was the fuse under dash I describe. Ask him. The system must be split as a safety feature. He told me and he showed me location. Sounds like same weird problem. MC
I will check it out.

I question it because on the schematics it does not show a fuse for the turn signal lights of the trailer. It comes straight out of the BCM to the trailer. But hey it is highly possible, but the engineer who designed that should be beat down as he should have put the fuse in a logical spot.

·
on line
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
USMC XTERRA said:
Xterrafield had same problem, it was the fuse under dash I describe. Ask him. The system must be split as a safety feature. He told me and he showed me location. Sounds like same weird problem. MC
MC big thanks. You where 100% correct. The EE in me questioned the logic, but hell I was proven wrong. Found the fuses and one was burnt out. Now just to buy some replacements at Autozone and rewire the trailer lighting with a proper ground.

Big ups.

:cheers:

·
on line
210 Posts
kokopop said:
USMC XTERRA said:
MC big thanks. You where 100% correct. The EE in me questioned the logic, but hell I was proven wrong. Found the fuses and one was burnt out. Now just to buy some replacements at Autozone and rewire the trailer lighting with a proper ground.

Big ups.

:cheers:
Where are those Fuses exactly ? ?

Thanks!

·
on line
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If you are looking up under the dash it is a few inches towards the stereo system. There are white caps on the fuses which are red.

·
on line
1,407 Posts

·
on line
66 Posts
I"M glad someone else had the same problem I did as for the location mike was right it's a small white plastic box next to the steering column. it took me a week to find this one that's why forum's are awesome!!

·
on line
3,484 Posts
xterrafied said:
I"M glad someone else had the same problem I did as for the location mike was right it's a small white plastic box next to the steering column. it took me a week to find this one that's why forum's are awesome!!
Yea, Awesome! No charge for me standing in for ya! Drop by more often and quit hiding all the cools Modifications! MC

1 - 20 of 40 Posts