Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts

Hi,

Totally stock 2007 off road and inexperienced off road driver. Can I make this trail without damage?
If not what should I do to get prepared next time?
The car has a front hook stock, nothing at back other than the tow hitch (do I need a Receiver Hitch D-Ring?)
Are sliders recomended?
Remove mudflaps?

Sorry for all the questions

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I haven't been up the trail this year but Steady should be able to answer is it's still stock friendly (it used to be with spotting though the ledge section).
Receiver and shackle for the hitch are a good idea so you can attach a tow strap easier.
Yup, you'll want to remove the mud flaps or something on a trail will.
Sliders - always good to have more protection if you plan to go off-road.

Better to ask the questions and know before rather than get stuck or damage your truck.

·
Registered
988 Posts
We also got a bone stock frontier up last year with no issues. The nice thing about our trucks is that almost everything is tucked up high so at worst your scraping the frame. There's always the option to winch you over the ledges and stacking rocks to keep things nice and controlled. Steady will have to chime in though because it's gotten worse this year and he's the only one who has ran it.

If he doesn't think it's a good idea you can always park at the bottom and ride passenger.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
Hi,

Totally stock 2007 off road and inexperienced off road driver. Can I make this trail without damage?
If not what should I do to get prepared next time?
The car has a front hook stock, nothing at back other than the tow hitch (do I need a Receiver Hitch D-Ring?)
Are sliders recomended?
Remove mudflaps?

Sorry for all the questions

The trail is pretty easy. There are two sections that you have to worry about but I can spot you up then to avoid all damage.

How many times have you been offroad?

If you plan to go offoad much I'd invest in a rear recovery point either a hideaway hitch or rear bumper, sliders and skids. Then you don't have to worry about anything.

You don't need any mods for this trail, come out and give it a try, worse thing that can happen is you turn around.

I met a jeep Cherokee up there if that helps lol

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
988 Posts
Sorry I didn't show I hope you guys weren't waiting around to long. I was camped out in Mclean and my truck wouldn't start this morning. I started it last night with my fridge running and it barely started so I figured it would be good if I unplugged the fridge for the night but it still wouldn't start.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts