Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
UPDATE The run is on Sun not Sat.. I've got work on Sat :dontknow: Hey Guy's, We're doing a OURAY shakedown run on 7/27/14 on Red Cone. We will be meeting at the Bailey gas station at 8:30 a.m. I am going to limit this run to 8 rigs total so we can get everyone on top of Red Cone. In addition, we are planning to do as many of the spurs as we can. Please let me know if you are interested in running with us. Bill Confirmed
1. Bill and Kel
2. Buddy
3. Roger
4. Slas
5. Special Guest
6. Special Guest
7. Treff
8. Dan Ferro

·
on line
10,980 Posts
Did you see Buddy's pictures from yesterday? Wasn't it Radical that was under a bunch of snow?

ETA: My bad, Webster was what I was thinking of from those pictures ... http://www.thenewx.org/forum/showthread.php?p=1812953#post1812953
Posted via Mobile Device

·
on line
4,196 Posts
We're hoping almost 2 weeks will melt Radical open. If not, then we'll just have to head down to Saints John and run it and loop back to the top of Radical to see the snow. After that, there's the Swan River options. I'll suggest that sliders & decent AT tires should be a minimum requirement for this trip. Plus the "pucker factor" will be high on this run, especially if we get to do Radical Hill.

·
Registered
608 Posts
GOt a better view of Radical from the top Red Cone today. I doubt that it will open anytime soon.

Red Cone has gotten a bit more rocky and less forgiving.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I'm hoping to get a Red Cone run in this year, but I'm playing tour guide this weekend so it will have to be in August.

·
Registered
608 Posts
How were the big rocks down in the trees?
Worse than last year. The IFS line will get you tippy with a good chance of sliding into trees if you are not careful. The switch backs near tree line are washed out more. Lockers would get you through no problem, but open trucks would struggle an may need a tug.

·
TNX Senior Member / (NORAC) Club Moderator
389 Posts
If Roger is out, I'd like to fill the spot. Let me know.

·
Veteran - AKA Truffle's
3,410 Posts
Im still in, anyone with some map help I haven't done red cone in 6 years. So the meet up place isn't registering in the old noodle

·
on line
4,196 Posts
So what time did everyone else finally get home? It was 8:50pm for me. I70 wasn't bad at all, just slow from Idaho Springs through the tunnel construction zone. I'll hopefully get pictures up tonight.

·
on line
4,196 Posts
Slasa E on the first obstacle:

On the trail; Approaching Little Rascal Hill...

Joey being Joey... :)

The Group.

Webster Pass (lower right) and Radical Hill (upper center).

Most of the Group. :)

Joey sittin' on Webster Pass Glacier.

Atop Radical Hill, looking down...

Grays and Torreys peaks, twin 14ers.

Lots to see here; Grays and Torreys (left center), Sante Fe Peak (below G & T), Webster Pass (near center), Red Cone (right center).

That's all folks! :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts