Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
on line
4,196 Posts
I'm out of town this weekend, so I'm out. For the record, from our run a few years ago, Robb_D, who was stock, sustained body damage, as did Orco59 who had some mods at that time. As I recall, it was from trees, so just give them plenty of room...;) :)

·
Registered
848 Posts
FYI, I just called the Pikes Peak Ranger District to verify that my co-worker could camp near these trails this weekend. I was told that Old Stage/Gold Camp Road between Colorado Springs and Victor is closed due to flooding/washouts.

Eagle Rock & Saran Wrap are not accessible at this time due to this closure.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Thanks for the update!!! Hmmmm, I would like to camp this weekend... Where else should we attempt?? Head further west in to the mountains?
Hey Chris,
Your definitely gonna have to go west, probably past the Vail area from what I understand. A friend of mine lives in GJ and he said it only rained a little bit there. I have a friend that lives in Summit county ill give them a call today and let you know what she says

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
What are we thinking guys? I'm still down for a run but the lady and I need to get out of the house this weekend. We would like to do some camping per usual and then meet up with you guys... Can we make it to the Kingston Peak/Jenny Creek area?
Not that I'm aware of, the other issue would be getting there( the only 2 ways to access 72 is via I-70 or HWY 6) I just talked to the FS and they are discouraging anyone going into the forest at all due to the amount of rain we received, they are focusing their efforts on rescue/repair operations.
Her suggestion was west if the Divide and Colo Springs or Southern Colo.

41 - 60 of 61 Posts