1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Veteran - AKA Truffle's
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
306 Posts
As of right now, I'm in. Should have new tires by next week and be good to go. Wish I had some skid plates and a new bumper, hopefully it is not to hairy.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Given the 6+ inches of rain that's fallen in Left Hand over the last 24 hours, I sincerely doubt the area will be open in 10 days time. :(

I'll be out of town that weekend anyway, but if you have to postpone the run due to all this rain, I could get up there on 28th or 29th…

·
Veteran - AKA Truffle's
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As of right now, I'm in. Should have new tires by next week and be good to go. Wish I had some skid plates and a new bumper, hopefully it is not to hairy.
You've got enough lift so you'll be fine

·
Veteran - AKA Truffle's
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Given the 6+ inches of rain that's fallen in Left Hand over the last 24 hours, I sincerely doubt the area will be open in 10 days time. :(
Im not worried, as boulder city is lower level and getting heavy rain, outside of 36 is only getting light rain but will see. This trail is open year round but i will base the time due to safety cause this trail is gnarly in heavy rain

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Im not worried, as boulder city is lower level and getting heavy rain, outside of 36 is only getting light rain but will see. This trail is open year round but i will base the time due to safety cause this trail is gnarly in heavy rain
Got it. Love this trail, spent a lot of time up there when I lived in Boulder (20 years ago!!)… Just heard a report on the radio about a firefighter in Left Hand Canyon getting trapped in a tree by a 15' wall of water coming down the canyon. Also heard the road up the canyon is currently closed due to landslide. Sounds like the area's getting pretty well drenched - hope they dry out quick enough for you to have a good run on the 21st, but if not, I'd be in for a go the following weekend.

·
Veteran - AKA Truffle's
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got it. Love this trail, spent a lot of time up there when I lived in Boulder (20 years ago!!)… Just heard a report on the radio about a firefighter in Left Hand Canyon getting trapped in a tree by a 15' wall of water coming down the canyon. Also heard the road up the canyon is currently closed due to landslide. Sounds like the area's getting pretty well drenched - hope they dry out quick enough for you to have a good run on the 21st, but if not, I'd be in for a go the following weekend.
Hadn't heard that but I will need to keep an update of this trail cause if it is severely washed out idk what the obstacle will truly be like and if they are even more washed out this trail is gonna be more of 7-8 lol :drink: my kind of trail but i doubt most around here will wanna tackle that

maybe ill change this trail to spring creek :blackeye:
http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=36

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Yep, if the trail's open, it'll for sure offer a whole new set of obstacles & challenges - sounds fun. Wish I were around on the 21st!

As for Spring Creek, it's one of my favorites - I'm up for a run there any time :drink:

·
Veteran - AKA Truffle's
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yep, if the trail's open, it'll for sure offer a whole new set of obstacles & challenges - sounds fun. Wish I were around on the 21st!

As for Spring Creek, it's one of my favorites - I'm up for a run there any time :drink:
I haven't done the whole thing, is the rock garden passable ? In our x's

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
on line
10,980 Posts
Most likely the trail is gonna change but I still wanna get out there that weekend
Good call on the location switch ... I'd be curious if anyone local to LHC (maybe on CO4x4) has been up to take a look yet, though they're all probably still doing clean out & assessments on their own places ...

Pictures from The Post mentioning that area:
http://photos.denverpost.com/2013/09/12/photos-massive-flash-flooding-along-front-range-of-colorado/#9
http://photos.denverpost.com/2013/09/12/photos-massive-flash-flooding-along-front-range-of-colorado/#70 ... (go fwd for a few images here ... like up to #72)
http://photos.denverpost.com/2013/09/12/photos-massive-flash-flooding-along-front-range-of-colorado/#49
http://photos.denverpost.com/2013/09/12/photos-massive-flash-flooding-along-front-range-of-colorado/#54
http://photos.denverpost.com/2013/09/12/photos-massive-flash-flooding-along-front-range-of-colorado/#60 ... (go fwd for a few images here ... like up to #63)
http://photos.denverpost.com/2013/09/12/photos-massive-flash-flooding-along-front-range-of-colorado/#68
... you get the idea, there was a huge amount of water that came down in the last 36 hrs ... I think any trails in that area, that are near creeks/streams, are going to have been seriously affected (also wonder about MSV ... there's some pics in that Post slideshow of the Saint Vrain River as it goes through Longmont, looking really quite high).

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I haven't done the whole thing, is the rock garden passable ? In our x's

In a stock X, no way. With a couple inches of lift, good tires, skids and a good spotter, not a problem. The first obstacle is a lot of fun - lockers are necessary (rear at least, both axles preferable), but there's a bypass.

Maybe we should line up a run on Spring Creek for the 28th? There's gotta be a few other guys with stout enough builds.

·
Veteran - AKA Truffle's
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
In a stock X, no way. With a couple inches of lift, good tires, skids and a good spotter, not a problem. The first obstacle is a lot of fun - lockers are necessary (rear at least, both axles preferable), but there's a bypass.

Maybe we should line up a run on Spring Creek for the 28th? There's gotta be a few other guys with stout enough builds.
Ya the guys who would most likely go arnt gonna be in stock x's lol but ya maybe 28 spring creek and ill figure out the 21st for something but it be good to do the trail with you since you know it, I was only able to get to the begging of the rock garden when I was forced to leave due to a family emergency

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
The fun in Boulder is still underway. Boulder is in no way out of the woods including the foothills above. Not looking good for the area but there is plenty of time to dry out by then. My wife is stuck in Boulder as I type this trying to find a way out to get home to Thornton. All roads out are closed! A policeman told her to try 119 as it was the last open route out - including all side streets, 93, and US36!

·
on line
4,196 Posts
Earlier today, Baseline road was the only way out to the east. Everything else was closed. 119, 52, 36, South boulder road, all closed. :(:(

·
Veteran - AKA Truffle's
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Earlier today, Baseline road was the only way out to the east. Everything else was closed. 119, 52, 36, South boulder road, all closed. :(:(
ya its a sad day :crybaby:

1 - 20 of 61 Posts