Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever go on the trail that heads up the powerline right by Jiffy Lube Live in Manassas?

I went up there the other day with a buddy in our samurais. i havent been able to find any information about the trail. Looks like the trails go off in many directions back there. its not too technical. but was fun for the little Sami's.

would love to know if anyone else has been on these trails or knows what the story is about them

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
A few members up there who might have checked them out. As far as I know, pole line trails can be hit or miss as far as the law goes. There are some in central VA that are okay to be on and a few others that are really not cool at all.

- this might actually be better off in the VAXC section. Heck, you might even get a few people to bite and check it out as a group. :dontknow:

·
Registered
918 Posts
I lived in Manassas for a few years and the trails along that powerline I believe are private property or at the very least State property. I don't believe they are legal for public use. With that said, perhaps you should join VAXC and join us for some legal wheeling and the trails we hit are much better than those powerlines.
if you can confirm it is public land then i say go for it. However, if it is not public land or you do not have permission from the land owner then i respctfully request that you do not wheel this area for several reasons. One it would be illegal and reflect poorly on our Xterra community. Second if it is private land you could be held liable for any damage and if it was my land I wouldn't want people just randomly wheeling thru my property. We as a club encourage safe and legal wheeling.

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
/\ /\ this - we do a bunch of legal trail riding events. We have a camping trip coming up this month actually.

To add - there are pole lines on my work campus that the DOD has authority over. I stopped one day just to look at them and two uniformed guards told me to move along. So with that and what tom said, I would say stay legal and do a trail run man.

·
Registered
918 Posts
I think that is the Jiffy Lubes that use real people versus the robots they use in other Jiffy Lubes. LOL I have no idea. I was wondering the same. I just assumed it was kind of typo.

·
Registered
918 Posts
It was called Nissan Pavillion when I lived up there. I saw Buffet there a bunch of times. Ok now I have a better idea of where he is talking about. To the best of my knowledge that is all private property but the powerlines might be a public easement. either way I would be hesitant to drive those trails. Just because of the uncertainty of the land access.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hey guys. thanks for all the replies so fast. i agree and respect all you have said and suggested. I have already been in contact with some other friends and asked them about trails that are actually legal, shawneeland, rausch, The Cove campground. and i plan on only doing trails that are legal.

i grew up with 70 acres and i know i would get angry if i even saw a truck parked on the side of the road by my property. I will be staying off unless i hear otherwise.

gonna go check out that local club you all mentioned too.

and BTW. we were driving Samurais on the trail :) my X is still stock...

thanks again!:cheers::eek:ccasion5:

·
Registered
918 Posts
Cool. Check out our section here in the forums. Alot of the places we go can handle a stock vehicle. Hope that you join our club and see you out on the trails with us.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts