Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
on line
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting new tires shortly and I have a matching alloy rim. Does anybody know if the TPMS will support 5 sensors? I want to rotate the spare but I want to put a TPMS on it. Thanks.

·
on line
1,792 Posts
sherpa said:
jefarm1 said:
I'm getting new tires shortly and I have a matching alloy rim. Does anybody know if the TPMS will support 5 sensors? I want to rotate the spare but I want to put a TPMS on it. Thanks.
I might be wrong but I think TPMS only works with four tires and not the spare.
That's right, but what I don't know is whether one could be installed and hooked up to the system. Sounds like a wiring issue. Interesting question.

The conventional wisdom here is that you can't rotate in a spare if you want TPMS, but many things end up being possible with know-how and ingenuity.

When I swapped out my wheels, I didn't even bother with the TPMS anymore, since I air up and down a lot and keep a very close watch on my pressure.

·
on line
1,864 Posts
:clown: I have rotated my spare in twice, it has no TPMS xmitter, so the dash lite stays on--

--Any new sensor installed has to be ADDED in the ECM system, by the dealer--

--I don't use the system, as far as I'm concerned, it doesn't exist--

-- :geek: :geek: --JIMBO

·
on line
152 Posts
I went on a little offroading adventure the other weekend and of all things hit a pothole on the way. The damn TPMS light came on and wont go off. All the tires have the right pressure and no vibration so the rims are ok so i must have messed up one of the sensors. Its annoying but ill get use to it being on all the time eventually i guess.

·
on line
432 Posts
Be a good How-To to disable that light.

Or... lets find out how to change it to something cool, like this emoticon! --> :tongue:

I'd love to look down and see the little guy smiling. It could be the anti-roadrage light.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts