Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Midnight Blue 2007 X
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone !
I have a question... what TPMS sensors would you guys recommend to get to replace a dead or non existing ones at all ? )
Dose it matter if they from amazon or lets say from rockauto ? what would you guys recommend on getting ?

Thank you )))

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
From what I have read, it doesn't matter a whole lot where you get your sensors as long as they operate on the right frequency. So I have book marked these:
TMPS Sensors and These Sensors

·
Registered
1,699 Posts

I just recently bought some of the VDO SE10001HP and they are working well so far.

·
Registered
Midnight Blue 2007 X
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok... I guess will have to look at them check them out read some reviews too...
just dont want to buy some too cheaply made so they dont brake after a week or leak air out.. lol

·
Registered
138 Posts
Or just don't use sensor. TPMS on these trucks are really dumb. Not, like, the idea is dumb. But the function is dumb. They're not a smart TPMS. We get a single light. We don't know which tire is low. We don't even know if pressure is low of if the sensor is failing. So your light comes on and maybe 1 of your 4 tires is low or maybe you have a bad sensor. Who knows.

I just feel like you'll have the same luck checking your tire pressure once in a while.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Or just don't use sensor. TPMS on these trucks are really dumb. Not, like, the idea is dumb. But the function is dumb. They're not a smart TPMS. We get a single light. We don't know which tire is low. We don't even know if pressure is low of if the sensor is failing. So your light comes on and maybe 1 of your 4 tires is low or maybe you have a bad sensor. Who knows.

I just feel like you'll have the same luck checking your tire pressure once in a while.
You can make the TPMS system much more useful if you have a Scangauge II with 4.5+ firmware. I didn't think I'd use it much but it's pretty cool having that function to check in on tire pressures as you drive.

·
Registered
748 Posts
I find them rather annoying on this truck. We don't have a read out for pressure so it's essentially an idiot light for stating you have low pressure. If you use your truck offroad I've run into issues with it not turning off and finally gave up and just removed the TPMS sensors. Or do like what @AlbatrossCafe did and just throw em in a tube and pump them up to 35 psi to make them turn off.

·
TNX Veteran
4,361 Posts
Or do like what @AlbatrossCafe did and just throw em in a tube and pump them up to 35 psi to make them turn off.

Stupid but it works lol. My sensors actually ran out of battery finally (10 years on OEM) so I gave up and now stare at the light every time I drive

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Extremely easy, inexpensive and instantly reversible way to cover the light if you're tired of looking at it:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Extremely easy, inexpensive and instantly reversible way to cover the light if you're tired of looking at it:

Yeah I just removed my cluster and covered the light with the piece of electrical tape. Quick and easy and no more light.

·
Registered
Midnight Blue 2007 X
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I know.. that would be cheaper/easier... to do just to tape that light over or something...
I know and agree that that function is kind of useless as it not even telling what tire is low on air or something but nevertheless I still would like to fix that issue the right way... its not like I have an extra money around to blow left and right ether.. but just trying to make it right.. fix.. you know...
perhaps its me the one who has an issue.. lol ! but isn't its most of us like that.. trying to fix our cars

1 - 11 of 11 Posts