Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched the forum and read the threads regarding TPMS on the Xterras. I recently upgraded my S rims to Pro-4X rims with TPMS installed. My former S rims had the black TPMS and the Pro-4X rims have the orange TPMS. Not sure what the differences are. However after driving about 35 miles on the highway, the TPMS light comes on. I pull over to the gas station to check the air and fill up accordingly and notice that the drivers side front and rear needed a little air. I filled them up to 35lbs then got back on the highway. About 35 miles or so again - the light comes on. I pull over and park. Turn the car off, then back on again - the light goes off. What seems to be the issue here? Faulty TPMS or???

·
Registered
642 Posts
Just today went to a BF goorich and asked them how much to reset my tpms.. Bought new rims/tires off a forum member here.
They told me to pull up to the bay. Used a handheld computer to reset/program tire sensors and refused to charge me as it took 5 mins..
Needless to say I walked to a nearby pizza place and had a pie delivered for him..

·
Registered
248 Posts
Just today went to a BF goorich and asked them how much to reset my tpms.. Bought new rims/tires off a forum member here.
They told me to pull up to the bay. Used a handheld computer to reset/program tire sensors and refused to charge me as it took 5 mins..
Needless to say I walked to a nearby pizza place and had a pie delivered for him..
Good man. A-hole people make people who do nice things like that bitter. Simple thank yous like what you did help keep nice people nice.:drink::drink:

·
Registered
316 Posts
Dude way to go.....nice Pay it forward. You got a random act and went and gave it right back to the guy!

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
These are the shops we should try and send as much business to as we can. Sadly some are ripoffs and deserve to go out of business but we should show our appreciation and help the good ones

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
I had a TPMS sensor detach in one of my wheels, the quoted price was 200 for replacement. TPMS I have found to be pretty worthless given all of the false flags its given me over the years with no flats so I removed the gauge cluster and covered the light.

·
Registered
467 Posts
My tpms has not worked for months, wheel swap with another member, today at discount tires, after I said no to a tire sale, the guy fixed my tpms for free.

I tried the reset procedure twice with no joy, prior to today.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have not tried the procedure yet for resetting the TPMS. So far the light has not come on again since I first started this thread. It's possible it cleared on its own....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts