Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
on line
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ended up purchasing a set of 16" Pro Comp 7089(could not really pass up the price) and was wondering if I could still retain the TPMS. What exactly is involved in the TPMS? Is there a sensor in the factory valve stem? Can anyone clear this up for me? Also, where did you guys pick up the lugs from, because the wheels don't come with them and I am pretty sure the factory lugs wont work right? Thank You

·
on line
3,050 Posts
I have these rims also...I did not put the TPMS sensors on them....it took about a month before my tire light went on, but no big worries you can get the dealer to reset it when you put the stock ones back on. As for the lugs I used my stock ones and they fit fine, but remember these rims are lug centric and not hubcentric so you might want a spacer around your bore so the wheel balances niceley on them. I think I am the only one who is running these rims with the spacers, most are not, but you assume the risk if anything happens. With the spacers on the ceter puch through caps dont fit. Its up to you

·
on line
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so where are these sensors? Whoever does the install for me, I am going to have them take off my stock tires off my rims and put them on the pro comp rims. Where are the sensors located so I can make sure they put them on with the new wheels

1 - 5 of 5 Posts