Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
on line
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used these tires. They get good ratings. Better than the bf goodrich longtrail a/t from what I have seen. I would like to know if any of you guys thought they were good, or not

·
on line
631 Posts
ive had em... 275/70 16. not a bad tire for street and off road. kinda pricey tho. i went to a mud terrain, so i sold em for full price to a neighbor. after 7,000 miles they still had full tread.

·
on line
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found them for 475.00 shipped. I may get them a little cheaper though. I an waiting to here. Thanks for the info.

·
on line
631 Posts
nice deal! what size you getting?

·
on line
2,072 Posts
I have the Open Country MT and love them. They look awesome. I looked at the AT but wanted something a bit more aggressive.

·
on line
294 Posts
these are on a short list of replacements when the time comes for tires in the spring. i've read mixed reviews. they have great grip, but i've read a bunch of complaints of tread life being short. who knows...

my list also includes general grabber AT2's, Firestone Destination AT's and BFG AT's. still doing my research, so let me know what you ocme up with.

·
on line
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
driver X said:
nice deal! what size you getting?
Just the stock 265/70s. The place They are coming from is Treadepot. The prices there are the best I could find. The better deal fell through :angry1:

·
on line
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Epic228 said:
these are on a short list of replacements when the time comes for tires in the spring. i've read mixed reviews. they have great grip, but i've read a bunch of complaints of tread life being short. who knows...

my list also includes general grabber AT2's, Firestone Destination AT's and BFG AT's. still doing my research, so let me know what you ocme up with.
My BFs are damn near bald at 25,000 miles. I think the wet traction really sucks. I had generals on my last vehicle, a 1996 full size suburban. I liked those tires better.

·
on line
294 Posts
i meant bfg AT KO's. the long trails suck a$$. AT KO's have been known to ride for 60k+.

grabbers are known for long tread life.

i like the look of the firestone destination AT's, and the treadwear is supposed to be good there too.

sounds like a god deal you're getting. enjoy!

·
on line
79 Posts
i have the open country a/t's on mine in a 285/75r16, and i love them..... much better then the BFG's that were on it stock. great ride, tons of tread, great grip in the sand/mud, and the tread is wider so it has a larger contact patch to the ground

·
on line
117 Posts
i have 275's
love them so far.
$525 mounted and balanced out the door. local hole in the wall tire joint.

·
on line
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good deal. I am really happy to get the BFs off. The Toyos grip much, much better in the rain. No spinning out at every light, even when I babied it. I will never buy BFs again.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts