Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're on the verge of purchasing our first travel trailer, hoping to get it picked up next week. In the meantime, the X needs a complete towing setup and I'll be out of town for the bulk of the next 7 days.

Any recommendations on places I can take it, leave it, and have a hitch and req'd goodies installed within a week's time in the Bellevue/Redmond/Kirkland area?

Thanks in advance!
Phil

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
If you dont have time to buy the parts and install, take your truck to the RV store, thwy will do it for you right, but it will be costly. Here in Michigan, RV places' labor rate is $125 per hour

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I know it's far, far less than ideal for what is basically a pretty simple job. The trailer is on the other side of the state, so unfortunately I just have to pay the premium in order to get it picked up in time for when we need it. =/

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys. I've been lurking for a while and finally found a post I could give some input on. I took my SE to Manns in Shoreline. It was a bit more expensive than I would of liked($300ish if I remember correctly) but they installed a Curt hitch package in a few hours. I towed my driftboat all over the PNW last season and haven't had any problems yet.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Uhaul will usually install hitches at a reasonable price, I wouldnt leave the vehicle with them for that length of time though.

Youll probably need this, but it takes about 10 mins to install in the passenger kick panel:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006VN3GHY/

I had a hitch installed at uhaul once. The hitch was fine but the wiring went bad. I discovered that they had hacked into my wiring and I had to do some repairs and buy a proper t connector.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
Manns does good work but you pay money for it. What about the Nissan dealer on NE 8th by total wine?

Edit: I also wouldn't want to leave my rig in the neighborhood of Manns.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts