Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
on line
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I'm looking to put a hitch and towing harness on my X. But, I only see one socket in the back where you would plug in a harness. Other people on the site are saying there are two sockets. It would appear that you need both sockets for a 7pin connector. I only need a 4 pin connector as well. I don't know if that makes a difference.
I have an '06 Xterra X with the power option.
Also, what comes with a harness kit and what are these extra relays that people are talking about that may or may not be included with a harness?

Thank you for your help,
Dan

·
on line
2,938 Posts
Dan,
I am not sure if their is a 4 wire harness, but you need both connectors.

I use one of these

·
on line
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kokopop,

Are one of those connectors hidden up higher or stuffed somewhere somehow? I may not have looked hard enough.

Thanks,
Dan

·
on line
2,938 Posts
I don't remember. One is black and one is grey. One has 6 connections the other 2 connections (Black one)

·
on line
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Blind Turtle

Ok, just took a look and I do indeed have two connectors. The black one is a little more stealth and points toward the rear of the vehicle up higher and further back that the gray one. If I remember right it was up on the outside of the frame rail. Didn't see it before, I was in the wrong position. Doh.

Thanks for the info,
Dan

·
on line
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, mine is big and yellow and I just didn't swing around the right way to satisfy disgust

:tongue:

·
on line
189 Posts
I tapped into my harness and installed a 4 wire flat connector. The 7-4 adapter is like 50-75.00 here and are stolen if left around. I'm too lazy to take it off and put it back on when i am traveling with the trailer. Now I can just hook up to either connector. Plus no more "where did I put the adapter?" :scratch:

·
on line
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow...

$50-$75???? Wow, online at etrailer.com they are around $10.50. I also checked our autozone online and it was also $10.??. I ended up ordering the 7 pin and an adapter since Nissan couldn't come up with a harness price alone and even then it might cost the majority of the $55 of the 7 pin kit.

Dan

1 - 10 of 10 Posts