Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,402 Posts

I have a passenger side one turned around with a hefty radiator skid. No cutting/grinding needed. Your results may differ though.

After looking at your link it does appear he has an actual ds hook. Does not appear to be a ps turned around.

·
Super Moderator
4,537 Posts
There used to be a driver's side tow hook listed in the Nissan parts catalog but it was discontinued years ago. Very few were ever sold so it will be pure luck if you ever find one.

The easy way is to obtain a passenger's side tow hook and mount it in the reverse position (It will not clear the factory radiator "skid" with the hook forward). It is a simple bolt on; no cutting necessary. If you post a WTB ad, I'm sure you will be contacted by someone who has installed an aftermarket bumper and can no longer use their OEM hook.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
I just put a second one on "backwards". It sticks a little further back, but I wouldn't hesitate to use it if I couldn't get to the other side for some reason. I got mine of Flea Bay for like $42 bucks shipped. However you also need a couple M12 x 1.25 bolts, which around here ended up costing me 4 bucks each also - highway robbery.

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
I'd like a drivers side one so I can then have one on each side but on reverse sides. Currently the tow hook sticks down below the rad skid reducing the approach angle but if they were reversed and the hook was at the back it would solve that issue.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts