Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
on line
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are 100's of posts on tires. I have figured out what size I want.
285/75R16 - my truck is stock.

I like the look of the Mud Terrain style tires but I live on the coast of BC. We get alot of rain and a little snow. The X is my daily driver so I am concerned about tread wear with a MT and the traction in snow and on slick streets.
Should I stick to the All Terrains?

Here is my short list

BF Goodrich All Terrain TA (obvious)
Toyo Open Country MT
Yokohama Geolander A/T-S
Yokohama Geolander M/T
Mickey Thompson BAJA ATZ Radial

not much of a short list - haven't priced any out except the BFG's and they are about $192 per tire at costco.

Any suggestions?

·
on line
3,272 Posts
I don't know if you have a pep boys out in your parts but I got the BFG's AT's for 175.00 and I also got them during their buy three get one free deal. It was any brand any size. The only catch is that it is with a rebate but it worked great for me.

·
on line
107 Posts
You could also add the Cooper STT to the consideration list...they make the Mickey MT version too...sometimes a bit cheaper, but the same compounding and construction.

The tire works well on the street, very well for an MT in fact.

I've been running the BFG AT ko's also because of the mileage I do...I get at least 80k out of them...and the last set, on the truck now, has about 80k on it...but has about 1/2 tread left...I don't run them with too much less though...as I need the lugs.

·
on line
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Contender, those Firestones look sweet!! I will look at them too!!

·
on line
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I saw a couple of trucks today with Procomp EXtreme, they look awesome.
Anyone running these?

·
on line
3,218 Posts
Whether that's true or not
Keep wheelspin down on rocks especially, as the lugs will chunk off.. Spin 'em slow, and they grip like a lizard. They're great in mud, snow, water, and on pavement as well. Surprisingly quiet for an agressive tread pattern.
They're my next tires..

·
on line
331 Posts
contenderv07 how much road noise are you getting from those tires?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts