Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Painted my wheels before I got new tires. They got a little messed up on the mounting but nothing too bad. I want to touch them up but not sure what the best way would be. I have been looking around on here and I see where people say it is easy to do and not a big hassle, but I am not finding any actual steps or tips. Anyone have any suggestions?? I would appreciate any advice!

·
Banned
4,806 Posts
Index cards are your answer.
Stick the skinny side into the bead of the tire to keep it from moving. Do that all the way around the rim and hit it with a quick spray of whatever you used to paint them.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
264 Posts
The method I was thinking of when I scratch mine. Are to spray some in the cover, dab it with a foam brush and lightly paint it on the spots that need to be touched up. Not sure how the results would be but I think it's worth a shot to not have to take off the wheels off the truck.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the help! fisherman, i was referring to the rim being scratched from the mounting not the tire. but ill keep that in mind for any future issues. thanks again for the tips.

·
Banned
4,806 Posts
thanks for the help! fisherman, i was referring to the rim being scratched from the mounting not the tire. but ill keep that in mind for any future issues. thanks again for the tips.

He said to spray the tire with tire shine so the paint doesn't stick to the tires when you spray the rims.
Driving with wet paint and tire shine and slinging it all over your truck is a stupid idea though so don't do any of that. Tape it off or use index cards and you can leave the wheels on the vehicle.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts