Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
on line
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any particular brand i should be looking for? is the paint from courtesyparts any good?

·
on line
1,574 Posts
id go with the paint from the dearler. i believe thts whts at CP. if not go with duplicolor. u can get tht at any parts store or walmart
best of luck

·
on line
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
another question.. since Midnight blue has as you can call it "sparkles in the paint job" if i use the paint from CP will it cover the scratch up and look as if it was never there or will there still be some color/contrast difference

·
on line
1,831 Posts
NyCXterra said:
...will it cover the scratch up and look as if it was never there or will there still be some color/contrast difference
You'll notice a difference, but someone else might not.

·
on line
246 Posts
Since I have a MB X and have used the touch-up pain from CP I'll chime in. It won't look perfect. It looks pretty good and from a distance you couldn't see it. The color is the same, but it's not going to be smooth like the factory color. Also, if you need to fill a scrape get the touch up paint that some in what looks like a white out bottle because it has a brush you apply it with. If you need to fill in a chip the pen is great for that. I tried to fill a scrape with the pen and every time I would try to add another coat of pain a day or two later it would pull up the first coat. luckly it is in a not so visable spot. I forgot the hatch open and closed the garage door on it, then when my room mate got home she tried to open the garage door two or three time sawing through the paint to the metal. If you want I can take a picture when I get home from work.

·
on line
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
syndicate said:
NyCXterra said:
...will it cover the scratch up and look as if it was never there or will there still be some color/contrast difference
You'll notice a difference, but someone else might not.
its on the hood near the antenna about 3 inches long dont know how the heck it got there..

·
on line
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Terdar said:
Since I have a MB X and have used the touch-up pain from CP I'll chime in. It won't look perfect. It looks pretty good and from a distance you couldn't see it. The color is the same, but it's not going to be smooth like the factory color. Also, if you need to fill a scrape get the touch up paint that some in what looks like a white out bottle because it has a brush you apply it with. If you need to fill in a chip the pen is great for that. I tried to fill a scrape with the pen and every time I would try to add another coat of pain a day or two later it would pull up the first coat. luckly it is in a not so visable spot. I forgot the hatch open and closed the garage door on it, then when my room mate got home she tried to open the garage door two or three time sawing through the paint to the metal. If you want I can take a picture when I get home from work.
would be great

·
on line
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ouch.. and which paint did you use.. tube or the bottle?

·
on line
246 Posts
The pen, which has the paint on one side and the clear coat on the other. As I said I was having a hard time getting it to stay on for more than one coat (maybe you only need one...) and the pen isn't good for scraches, the felt tip is too hard. I am sure if I had the bottle it would look much better.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts