Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the nightmare of off-roading had actually happen. I rolled my 09 X while camping and off-roading this past weekend before thanksgiving. After a few days of recovering from my loss i'm finally moved on.. Just waiting for insurance to cut me a check and i'm heading back to Nissan to pickup a newer 2014 model.

However, I'm debating to either get a (2014 Xterra pro-4x) or (2014 frontier cc pro-4x)..

Any concerns about the frontiers..? Are the bolt patterns the same as X, and can I still fit my 285/75/16 wheels on them..?

·
Registered
6,919 Posts
Well, that's unfortunate. Seems like you got out of it okay though.

Your wheels will fit on the Fronty. The only real difference performance wise, aside from weight distribution, is the Fronty's longer wheelbase - it'll be easier to lift due to the spring-over axle setup in the back though.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Well that sux, but you can move on and no evrything is pretty much the same between models and i have no issues wheeling a frontier and have for years

·
Registered
608 Posts
That doesn't look to bad. Slap a few new body panels and glass on and its good as new.

Anything the pictures are hiding?

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Honestly if I buy another Nissan it would be a Frontier. Same limited rear seat room as the X but a whole lot more storage. Throw a cap or locking tonneau on and you have some nice storage space. The X is just too small. It seems like most everything you can do to the X can be done to the Frontier but I noticed the Pro4x Frontiers have heated mirrors. The Spray on bedliner is better than the EZ scratch X interior. If something were to happen to my X I doubt I would buy another though

Well the nightmare of off-roading had actually happen. I rolled my 09 X while camping and off-roading this past weekend before thanksgiving. After a few days of recovering from my loss i'm finally moved on.. Just waiting for insurance to cut me a check and i'm heading back to Nissan to pickup a newer 2014 model.

However, I'm debating to either get a (2014 Xterra pro-4x) or (2014 frontier cc pro-4x)..

Any concerns about the frontiers..? Are the bolt patterns the same as X, and can I still fit my 285/75/16 wheels on them..?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Heartbreaking! I had my '06 ran into in a parking lot... Brought much sadness to my heart. Just good that you're ok! I have a buddy with a '13 Fronty and he LOVES it. I'd say you're in good company either way.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
on line
3,647 Posts
Im glad youre ok. But you need to go into detail on the events that lead up to the roll over! You have to share the story! I mean it helps with the healing process and all......

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
First off, like the others said, I'm glad you're alright.

Thought I could offer some insight into the X/Frontier debate. I have a 2011 X Pro-4X, my dad has a 2011 Frontier Pro-4X CC. Both black, both with all options. On the plus or bonus side, depending on how you look at it, the Frontier has cool factory features like a sunroof and heated mirrors. Also, all the exterior plastic, bumpers, mirrors, door handles, are all painted, which looks nicer I think. The CC is actually pretty spacious, and can accommodate a surprising amount of stuff, especially with the seats up. If you opt for the optional bed extender, you can fit a good amount in the bed as well. As far as cons go, the turning radius is HORRENDOUS. I cannot possibly overemphasize this point. Yes, I do realize it is longer than the X, but the turning is mind numbingly bad, especially trying to parallel park in the city or navigate parking garages. This may or may not effect you as much. All in all it's a great truck, and what I was in the market for before I discovered this site. For me, the X's enclosed back is irreplaceable. Being able to stow things while being covered and being able to fully stretch out in the back is really what did me over. Once again, these are all just my opinions.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Yeah, I've owned both too and couldn't agree more about the turning radius. It's ridiculously bad. Horrible design. I will add that the back seat us noticeably more cramped/uncomfortable and they are noticeably worse offroad.

You cannot fit 33s on a frontier without a front spacer.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Yeah, I've owned both too and couldn't agree more about the turning radius. It's ridiculously bad. Horrible design. I will add that the back seat us noticeably more cramped/uncomfortable and they are noticeably worse offroad.

You cannot fit 33s on a frontier without a front spacer.

Uh you can fit 33s without a lift. Ask me how I know.

Unless you plan on using the truck bed as an actually truck bed then I say go with the X.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
on line
22,508 Posts
Uh you can fit 33s without a lift. Ask me how I know.

Unless you plan on using the truck bed as an actually truck bed then I say go with the X.
Posted via Mobile Device
This. I like camping in the rig when it's below freezing weather. I'll be going out soon into the snow. Sleeping in the X I can reach over and start it at night. In the bed of a frontier it's not so easy. I know if I had a fronty I'd rarely use the bed unless it was capped, because I'm a city dweller, and anything in the back just gets stolen here. If I were in the country though, I might have gone fronty.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
550 Posts
turning radius, turning radius, sleeping in it, turning radius, room for subwoofers, room for your dog in the back, roof rack on all model trims, turning radius, LOC-ness, turning radius.

·
on line
22,508 Posts
turning radius, turning radius, sleeping in it, turning radius, room for subwoofers, room for your dog in the back, roof rack on all model trims, turning radius, LOC-ness, turning radius.
:notworthy:
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 20 of 54 Posts