Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
on line
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched and didn't find anything.

Anyone's TC UCA's squeak bad? I want to get some lube. I assume there is a particular lube I should use. Can anyone help me out?

TIA.

·
on line
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Syndicate. I will look for something weekend.

·
on line
1,831 Posts
It comes in aerosol spray cans or tubes. If you need to lube up those ball joints or other complex hinges, the tube version is less messy. No over-spray.

·
on line
1,320 Posts
syndicate said:
White lithium grease works pretty well for almost any application.
X2
It's probably the polyurethane bushings which are notoriously squeaky if not lubed... if you don't have a grease gun you'll need one for the grease fittings on the arm. The lithium will be fine for those bushings.

·
on line
564 Posts
I was curious about this same topic and I meant to ask LoPo this question, so I'll just post it here. Does the TC UCA's have grease ports to grease the bushings? I've replaced control arms before on other vehicles and have been plagued with bushing squeaks. I really don't feel like having to deal with the same type of situation with my X.

Rob

·
on line
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Picked up the White Lithium grease today at Autozone, sprayed a tad into the bushings and the squeaks are gone. yippie.

·
on line
1,320 Posts
robnfl said:
I was curious about this same topic and I meant to ask LoPo this question, so I'll just post it here. Does the TC UCA's have grease ports to grease the bushings? I've replaced control arms before on other vehicles and have been plagued with bushing squeaks. I really don't feel like having to deal with the same type of situation with my X.

Rob
yeah Rob, there are grease fittings on the pivots.

·
on line
564 Posts
lifeinthesouth said:
robnfl said:

Rob
yeah Rob, there are grease fittings on the pivots.
Awesome, thanks!

·
Premium Member
415 Posts
Total Chaos recommends a grease called Super Lube. It's great but personally I have found that Valvolene has a grease called Durablend that is inexpensive and works exceptionally well with the urethane parts. It's also available at most auto parts stores.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts