Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
on line
13,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I emailed the guys at TOTAL CHAOS. Originally i emailed them to ask about the maintinence(sp?) for their UCA's. They wrote back with information and said if i had any ideas to let them know. So i wrote back and told them we are in need of replacement bushings for our LCA's and possibly skids for our LCA's. So im shipping them the extra set of LCA's that i have, and they are going to reimburse me for the shipping. And they better send me some lca's back with new bushings and skids for being so cool.

So anyways. As soon as i ship them what i have they will get to work on them. Kind of cool i thought.

"I receive everything so no need for any attention. Thanks a bunch, we will get working on stuff as soon as we get them.

Pat @ TCF Inc."

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Hey Mark, If you want me to I can send them my LCA that has no bushings. That way they can look at one with bushing (yours) and one without (mine) to get their ideas and don't have to try removing bushing on a good arm.

I had to torch the bushings out of my drivers side LCA because I could not get the cam bolts out.

·
on line
807 Posts
mcampana said:
Well, the lca's i have.........they dont have the ball joint in them......So they are pretty f-ing useless. I got them from lifeintehsouth thinking i could buy the ball joint, when in fact, you cant. So they are pretty useless.
Your stock balljoints can be swapped in.

·
on line
807 Posts
mcampana said:
Steve.......where the heck could i get those?
The balljoints that are in the LCAs on your truck right now, can be removed and swaped into the LCAs that you got from LifeintheSouth.

·
on line
21 Posts
stevet47 said:
mcampana said:
Steve.......where the heck could i get those?
The balljoints that are in the LCAs on your truck right now, can be removed and swaped into the LCAs that you got from LifeintheSouth.
Moog may make a ball joint that will work as well (I'm not sure if anyone has researched this).

Nissan has a habit of only selling the whole control arm assembly, and not just the ball joint. In the Sentra community a few people found that moog makes a ball joint that works on a few different chassis.

It might be worth looking into if there is a need to replace the ball joint only.

·
on line
3,218 Posts
"Moog may make a ball joint that will work as well (I'm not sure if anyone has researched this).

Nissan has a habit of only selling the whole control arm assembly, and not just the ball joint. In the Sentra community a few people found that moog makes a ball joint that works on a few different chassis. "

This is true, as it was for the Gen1 X also.. The Calmini part, the one you'll buy at a Checker, or Auto Zone, is all the same part. About $13.00 retail..

·
on line
853 Posts
Re: Total Chaos doin some work for us. LCA BUSHINGS, skids.

mcampana said:
I emailed the guys at TOTAL CHAOS. Originally i emailed them to ask about the maintinence(sp?) for their UCA's. They wrote back with information . . .
So, what did they actually say about maintenance on their UCA's?

Thanks in advance.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts