Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
on line
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ANYONE WHO HAS INSTALLED THE TOP GUN SPACERS HOW HAS THE TOP
CONTROL ARM CONTACT EFFECTED OFF ROADING AND INSTALLATION. HAS IT BEEN A BIG DEAL. ANY INFORMATION WILL BE HELPFUL. I AM CURRENTLY RETURNING THE RANCHO QUIKLIFT BECAUSE IT IS CRAP AND WANT TO GET THE SPACERS BECAUSE THEY ARE CHEAPER AND DONT EFFECT THE RIDE OR TRAVEL.

....YOU THINK THAT A COMPANY LIKE RANCHO WOULD BE ABLE TO PUT TOGETHER A DECENT LIFT KIT FOR THE XTERRA.

·
on line
2,077 Posts
contact is between the upper control arm and the upper coil bucket

can occur on and off road, and seems to be vehicle dependant (some have it worse than others).

no compressors needed to install, it goes between the top of the shock and the upper coil bucket.

try the search function, there are lots of threads about these spacers, and there are also installs in the how-to section to give you an idea of what you're looking at.

·
on line
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SANTACRUZED ARE YOU ONE OF THOSE GUYS THAT DOESNT HAVE A LIFE AND GOES AROUND FORUMS SEARCHING FOR THINGS TO CRITICIZE PEOPLE ABOUT. I THINK THOSE KIND OF PEOPLE ARE ANNOYING AND NEED NOT REPLY TO MY MESSAGES BASED SOLELY OFF THE FACT THAT THEY HAVE NOTHING IMPORTANT TO SAY. BESIDES IM NOT A CONFORMIST, JUST BECAUSE YOU CHOSE TO TYPE A CERTAIN WAY DOES NOT MEAN I HAVE TO.

EVERYONE ELSE I APPRECIATE THE RESPONSES THEY HAVE BEEN QUITE HELPFUL.

·
on line
962 Posts
I highly doubt that his comment was ment to be offensive. It was most likely (correct me if I'm wrong) a gesture of joking around. Take it easy and don't take things to heart. However, it is a bit hard to read the font when it's in all caps; but to each his own.

Yusuf-

·
on line
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I hope that everyone is happy. I have now conformed to everyone else's style of typing. Now let's move on past the unimportant things and not make this post something that its not.

·
on line
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have done the research and have just finished packing up my old rancho kit. I have decided to go with the TGC spacers. Thanks for all the help and useful info.

·
on line
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I heard you can stop the contact with new upper control arms. where can i get those and does anyone know how much they are. I'm just curious.

·
on line
1,695 Posts
Rancho is letting you return the lift for a refund? On what premise? Sounds like great service from somebody, but it just surprises me that they would return it 'cause you don't like it.

I'm sure you could sell it on here for the right price... lots of people want to try it.

·
on line
358 Posts
We have the TG spacers. We installed them when our X had 2000 miles on it. There was more UCA contact then. You would hear them extend and make contact when you came out of a dip or off a speed bump. 5000 miles later there is alot less contact. I think the springs have settled enough to allow more room. No spring compressor is needed but you will want to take the upper balljoint loose. Use the jaw/bolt balljoint seperator and you wont damage the ball boot, the pickle fork will. My only complaint is that the stock spring doesn't have much compression when offroading. I'll probably switch out to a spring over shock. Or find a longer/softer spring that will give the lift and still compress more. The ride feels the same as stock with the TG spacers and rear shackles.

·
on line
2,077 Posts
if you're considering the TC spacers and the new control arms to reduce contact why don't you spend the exact same amount of money ($600) and buy the radflo coilovers from prg. no UCA contact, great suspension upgrade, new shocks and springs...and you can get the 2" radflos that do not required UCA upgrades.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts