Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
on line
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone here have installed their own spacers from top gunz? if so can anyone post the instructions on here, i just want to make sure its not too complicated for the install. help! thanks.........

·
on line
125 Posts
SeXterraPA said:
The install should be the same as these PRG spacers.

http://thenewx.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=752

Any specific questions, let me know... I did this install by myself.
SeXterraPA...you are pretty local to me, and I also just received my spacers, but I need someone to do the install. Is there any local shop you would recommend to do this? I really do not trust myself with this type of install.

·
on line
125 Posts
mcampana said:
I see someone disguising a request for help!
haha, I am willing to pay him or a shop to do the install honestly, I am not looking for a hand out. I just don't trust myself with suspension installs. Intakes, painting of grills, stuff like that I did all my self, but when it comes to suspension, no thank you :compress:

·
on line
125 Posts
mcampana said:
Er...............maybe you should just pay a shop....
hahaha, well dinner should not be a problem if you come to Jersey, I run my fathers pizzeria. Food will be free!!! About the putting out part, I would have to ask my fiancee first :laughing5:

·
In Limbo
9,460 Posts
It might be easier to do it in PA. But, when we pick a date we can figure all that nonsense out.

What kind of tools, if any, do you have?

I have a 30 Gallon Air Compressor, with Air tools. And all necessary metric sockets and ratchets. Breaker Bar, Joint Separator and other random stuff.

·
on line
125 Posts
I would definitely come out to your area to do the install. What tools would you need that dont have?

edit: nevermind, I guess you were asking about what tools I have if we were to do the install in Jersey.

·
on line
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
is it hard to get it allign after the 2" spacer? do i have to purchase anything for the allignment? thanks again for the help...and yes i just orderd my top gun spacers.......

·
on line
2,077 Posts
if you don't have camber bolts it would be wise to pick some up....sometimes the truck can't be properly aligned without them. besides that, get the lifetime alignment at firestone and you'll be set for the life of the X.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts