Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
on line
9,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck was broken into last week and some *sshole stole every Craftsman hand tool I own out of my toolbox and Pelican cases and left the cases. Every wrench, socket, extension, universal, and screwdriver I own was taken. Metric & Standard, 1/4", 3/8", and 1/2". Over $1,000 of tools I have collected over the past 8 years is gone. My truck was parked directly in front of my house, it was locked and the alarm was on. There was no sign of forced entry or any broken windows.

My comprehensive auto insurance will only over $250 and my home owner's policy has a $1,000 deductible. This is such a devastating blow to me and I am extremely disappointed in humanity right now. I can't work on my truck and I am so distraught.

·
Registered
499 Posts
That ****in' sucks man. It's happened to me before too. Some people are real asshats.

Sorry!

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
damn dude that sucks....moral of the story is keep yo tools in yo house! I only have ****ty tools in my truck for my on-board tool kit. All the good **** is in my garage. Again, sorry to hear man =/

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Maybe we need a "Replace the tools run"? :icon_smile:

I know I have some spares. No promises on the quality though...

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Sucks to hear. And im sure you know to watch craigslist and ebay.

Dont know if this is true or not, but ive heard people can grab the code sent to the car from the key fob to lock or unlock the car with whatever gizmo they got through the air.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Sucks to hear. And im sure you know to watch craigslist and ebay.

Dont know if this is true or not, but ive heard people can grab the code sent to the car from the key fob to lock or unlock the car with whatever gizmo they got through the air.
That is true...but seems like a lot to go through for some tools. Usually if the do that they take the whole vehicle

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
They dont wanna steal The Beast. It stands out to much. to easy to track the unique parts from it. Its a lot easier to steal and sell anything you can get from the inside. Thats why phones, gps's, tablets, wallets and things like that get stolen from nice cars. But the lower cost generic common cars get stolen so they can chop it.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts