Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
on line
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you keep your tools organized in your X. Mine are just thrown in 3 work bags from HD. I am going nuts trying to locate sockets. I bought some socket holders, but that has not worked out.

Any ideas?

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Most socket holders are junk. There have been a few that I have seen and wanted to try, but havn't.

Right now I have a socket kit that comes in it's own case, but it's not a complete set and the case is rather large.

·
on line
3,484 Posts
I carry the plastic kit by Sears, that the sockets come in, ya know the kind that they snap into. If it is a loose fit I take some Carpet padding, the spongy stuff and put it on top and close he lid, silence! And it holds them tight in place. I use the sponge a lot to silence things.

My wrenches same deal, the snap in cases. OR take a shop towel and roll one wrap one wrench and then next wrench, until you have em all rolled, then put a rubber band around them all. Use the towel to lay them on and clean your hands when done.

Then, I have a tool Bag, Gigantic hold about everything else and has all the pockets and that.

Also I put small Map Bags, or various bags that things come in and put things in the bags to sort of compartmentalize, Because, some of the tools I like to carry wheeling also go with me camping, boating, or Biking. That way I know what is what fast and toss the bag into the next hobby. MC

1 - 3 of 3 Posts