Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
My tool kit is very close to Outback97's. 3/8 ratched and shallow + deep sockets up to 19mm. Combo wrenches in the same size. Couple extensions, cutting pliers, needle nose, phillips and flat screwdriver, ball pein hammer, multimeter, code reader, tire plug kit, silicone tape for hose leaks (it really works!), electrical tape, duct tape, a roll of bailing wire, and some electrical wire.

On spare parts here is my most important suggestion. Whatever your going to carry - go buy new parts (Nissan OEM or the brand the OEM uses like Denso or Panasonic) and change out your current ones, keeping the old as trail spares. You will have a part you know works as a spare, and you will know how to change it, rather than trying to figure that out on the trail. Ask me how I know this.

·
Registered
2006 Nissa XTerra S 4x4 Auto
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
My tool kit is very close to Outback97's. 3/8 ratched and shallow + deep sockets up to 19mm. Combo wrenches in the same size. Couple extensions, cutting pliers, needle nose, phillips and flat screwdriver, ball pein hammer, multimeter, code reader, tire plug kit, silicone tape for hose leaks (it really works!), electrical tape, duct tape, a roll of bailing wire, and some electrical wire.

On spare parts here is my most important suggestion. Whatever your going to carry - go buy new parts (Nissan OEM or the brand the OEM uses like Denso or Panasonic) and change out your current ones, keeping the old as trail spares. You will have a part you know works as a spare, and you will know how to change it, rather than trying to figure that out on the trail. Ask me how I know this.
That is a good tip!!

21 - 24 of 24 Posts