Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
on line
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting ready to deploy in November of this year. I am considering selling my 2006 Xterra S 4x2 with 34K (now). Then when I return from deployment 12 to 15 months later buying another X. I owe less than it is worth, so I think this might be the way to go. Also if I do should I get an S model or an Off Road. I want the locker, but I think by then ARB will have one that fits.

·
on line
2,459 Posts
I would sell. Just my two cents.

·
on line
735 Posts
They still make Xterras so you should be able to find any model new or used you'd like to upgrade to later. Don't let the thing depreciate for a year and a half unless you love your 2wd the way it is.

·
on line
14,014 Posts
mike100 said:
They still make Xterras so you should be able to find any model new or used you'd like to upgrade to later. Don't let the thing depreciate for a year and a half unless you love your 2wd the way it is.
Yeah dude, sounds like the smarter move. Just make sure you keep your promise and get a new one! (I'm needy)

·
on line
628 Posts
It sounds like you really want a 4X4, and your in a great position to get yourself one. So I would say sell it as well. I know that if and when I deploy again, mines going on blocks in a climate controlled storage facility, but that's because I am pleased with what I have. The girlfriend can't seem to understand that we have his and hers autos, so there is no chance I am leaving it in a driveway with the keys in her possession.

·
on line
2,004 Posts
Sell it and buy a 4x4. ur hooked, don't deny it

·
on line
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i wont necessarily buy a NEW one when I return, probably a like new used one. I actually bought my 4x2 deliberately because the Jeep it replaced blew the transfer case, and I had heard so much about the diffs on the xterras. After seeing what the x can do in 4x2 I cannot wait to see what it can do in 4x4. I am still concerned about the diffs, but it seems that the problems have been limited to extreme off roaders which I will not qualify as. Quite frankly I cannot bring my self to wheel a 20k vehicle hard, plus I hat the process wheel, break, rebuild, wheel break...

·
on line
2,004 Posts
x67934 said:
i wont necessarily buy a NEW one when I return, probably a like new used one. I actually bought my 4x2 deliberately because the Jeep it replaced blew the transfer case, and I had heard so much about the diffs on the xterras. After seeing what the x can do in 4x2 I cannot wait to see what it can do in 4x4. I am still concerned about the diffs, but it seems that the problems have been limited to extreme off roaders which I will not qualify as. Quite frankly I cannot bring my self to wheel a 20k vehicle hard, plus I hat the process wheel, break, rebuild, wheel break...
I started wheeling my rig at 6k, scary eh?

·
on line
1,208 Posts
sell it. save your money, out a good down payment on a used 4x4 and outfit it with more of the saved money. :)

·
on line
1,208 Posts
sell it. save your money, put a good down payment on a used 4x4 and outfit it with more of the saved money. :)

·
on line
1,739 Posts
You'll lose $6000 to $10000 likely. A new truck loses most of it's value in the first 12 months. You bought and paid for that loss already so you're ready to do it again in another 6-10 months? Are you an 0-6 or just really wealthy?

A 2006 Xterra in good condition with 32,000 miles is worth $13,500 in the 13691 zip code at a dealer, and I'd guess you paid about $23,500 or more for the truck. In a private sale about $17,400 but not many trucks at that price sell - or sell very fast. These are for the Off-Road model in 4WD.

Park in on base. Pull the battery out and put it in the back. Stop your insurance coverage for everything but comprehensive. Suspend your state registration (certificate of non-use). Continue to make payments to the bank.

There's not going to be $12,000 to $20,000 delta in the next year truck - I promise you this.

·
on line
1,739 Posts
Webfur said:
I started wheeling my rig at 6k, scary eh?
The first day I bought mine. :)

·
on line
262 Posts
Way off topic here but got to say I like how you used your x number as your member name. By the way what did you decide to do with your X?

-Pete (x71127)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts