Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now you don’t

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's rad. The lightbar in the lower front fits perfectly into that space.
I had to notch out the sides. That mouth as I call it, has radial sides and it decreases in width towards the radiator.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I do a ton of night coyote hunting. 6.5 Grendel with thermal does some work.

but getting out in fields and lighting them up when I’m tracking blood or just scouting terrain, having the enough light is the bees knees

and back country roads are littered with deer. Can see the eyes way before it’s to late.

last night I had me a super toofer!

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wiring them all up to control individual lights took the longest. Side lighting on/off, roof light bar on/off, mouth bar on/off, and rear light on/off (switch is on the left side by the mirror control).

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
"bllllinded by the liigghttt"

you know what im talking about!

too many? nah, just ask someone whos been broken down in the dark with no light lol.

my only concern about the "mouth light bar" is the possibility of it blocking enough air to cause cooling issues.

good hunting! the coyotes after livestock or what?

·
Registered
223 Posts
"bllllinded by the liigghttt"

you know what im talking about!

too many? nah, just ask someone whos been broken down in the dark with no light lol.

my only concern about the "mouth light bar" is the possibility of it blocking enough air to cause cooling issues.

good hunting! the coyotes after livestock or what?
I don't think you will have cooling issue till you start pulling a heavy trailer

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I don't think you will have cooling issue till you start pulling a heavy trailer
pull one very frequently. Have a 12’x6’ enclosed vnose I used every day for work.
Trailer is 1500lbs empty and I guesstimate 1000-1200lbs in tools and gear. And a additional 800lbs thanks to a solar setup I installed in it.

no cooling issues at all. Stopping is a different story though.

Real proud of that system.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ha, You're missing the ditch lights. and a couple on the roof rack.. got ya beat.

Maxgear ditch light brackets FTW!
what’s a ditch light?!

like oh shit, I’m in a ditch, I need a ditch light in the perfect ditch angle and position. lol.

·
Registered
223 Posts
pull one very frequently. Have a 12’x6’ enclosed vnose I used every day for work.
Trailer is 1500lbs empty and I guesstimate 1000-1200lbs in tools and gear. And a additional 800lbs thanks to a solar setup I installed in it.

no cooling issues at all. Stopping is a different story though. View attachment 127482

Real proud of that system.
View attachment 127483
Not that hard to install electric brakes on a axle and use a hitch equalizer. Both will help keep you safe and under control. I have a single axle camper that I pull and has brakes

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Not that hard to install electric brakes on a axle and use a hitch equalizer. Both will help keep you safe and under control. I have a single axle camper that I pull and has brakes
I couldn’t agree more. Looked into it already. I can install brakes of the trailer for under $200.

the main hold up i have to address is the brake controller. Havent researched it enough. Not sure where it ties into. Remember reading guys say their is a harness behind the passenger kick panel .

·
Registered
223 Posts
I couldn’t agree more. Looked into it already. I can install brakes of the trailer for under $200.

the main hold up i have to address is the brake controller. Havent researched it enough. Not sure where it ties into. Remember reading guys say their is a harness behind the passenger kick panel .
Yes on place to tap into for the brake controller if factory installed trailer hitch. Plug and play. Best site I know for that information is etrailer. My controller is no longer made.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Kinda off topic but what do you do with the coyotes? Eat them? Bury them? Or feed them to your other animals? Serious questions since I'm a semi-city boy :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts