Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
on line
3,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check out this site, http://www.auto-theft.info/ enter your zip. See how many stolen cars from your zip. Watch the movie on how 3 guys strip a car in 8 minutes. Then read some on how to keep what you paid for.
I used that glass price link one rear side window is $257 on a smash and grab. Best price my area.
http://www.auto-theft.info/

1 Car in 10 miles from my zip. Farm country.
MC

·
on line
807 Posts
hmm... I live about 500yards from Lancaster City in PA (not the best area) and there is only 1 in a 10mile radius.

·
on line
67 Posts
Good lord. There are 6 in a 10 mile radius from my house and I (thought) I live in a decent area. I work just outside of Atlanta and there are like 13 in that area. Scary

·
on line
830 Posts
stevet47 said:
hmm... I live about 500yards from Lancaster City in PA (not the best area) and there is only 1 in a 10mile radius.
IN Lancaster county?? I bet they have a high buggy theft rates.

·
on line
807 Posts
bigdaddychia said:
stevet47 said:
IN Lancaster county?? I bet they have a high buggy theft rates.
Yea, believe it or not, in the middle of all those buggies there is a city.

·
on line
1,084 Posts
You guys got nothin to worry bout...I only went thru 3 pages within 10 miles of my zip. I didn't feel like lookin after that. At least there were not X's on there

·
on line
332 Posts
5 in a 50 mile radius.then again its been too cold for stealing cars i think.

·
on line
551 Posts
Pretty quick work by a bunch of middle aged guys.
Checked the stolen car page and reported only 2 in a 30 mile radius, which can't be right. This is a reasonbly large city.
I'm thinking that site only reports on cars stolen that have been registered with them (such as when you buy the etching kit) and not actual police stats.

·
on line
161 Posts
1 in a 20 mile radius here.... which is nice to know. But when i put it up to a 30mi radius.... uh yea 16.

That would be including Brockton, MA i think, which is not the greatest spot in the world, but i didnt think it was thaaat bad.

·
on line
638 Posts
Magic Rat said:
Pretty quick work by a bunch of middle aged guys.
Checked the stolen car page and reported only 2 in a 30 mile radius, which can't be right. This is a reasonbly large city.
I'm thinking that site only reports on cars stolen that have been registered with them (such as when you buy the etching kit) and not actual police stats.
I'm not sure about that.. the vehicle mine reported was an early 90s Toyota 4Runner.. so not real sure about that.

·
on line
1,407 Posts
I found 1 in 10 miles...then you get into Grand Rapids and you find more!

·
on line
163 Posts
Sooo.... I live in Morrison Colorado, which is right up against the foothills. I am at the west most part of my zip code (east is towards Denver which is about 15miles away)..... it is scary.

10mile radius = 16cars (one with a temp tag)
20mile radius = 25cars (3 w/ temp tags)

One thing is though, most are older hovering in the 95-00 range, the newest I saw was a couple 2003s.

·
on line
279 Posts
No wonder everyone around here has a fence around their property and dogs. 48 cars within 10 miles. No X's reported stolen, but the wife has a Toyota Rav 4 and there were 3 of those listed. I did have my 1991 Suzuki GSX-R 750 stolen from here about 13 years ago.

·
on line
1,739 Posts
I live in the 13th largest metro area in the US in a city of 190,000 - 6 cars in a ten mile radius.

·
TNX Administrator
20,234 Posts
25 mile radius = 33 vehicles - no Nissan's :iconbiggrin:

·
Registered
874 Posts
I looked at that and only 2 where stolen within 50 miles. One was right out infront of my old place. I don't think this is that acurate. My friend had a car and motorcycle stolen and it is not on the site.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts