Exterior:
-Dephep Drop in Basket
-Locking Wetbox Handle
-(2) PIAA DENO-3 REAR RED FOG LIGHT
-Rigid Industries 20" E-SeriesCombo LED Bar
-Raptor Mod
-Rigid Industries 10" S-Series Combo LED Bar
-Rigid Industries Duallys (Rock Lights)
-Totron Duallys Floods (Gonna replace with spots)
-Federal Signal Trioptics Traffic Advisor
-(4) Rigid Industries 6" S-Series Flood/Spot LED Bars as side lights
-(2) Raingler Rack Handles

Armor
-Stock Skidplates
-Hefty Fabworks Sliders with Treadplates

Interior:
-GPS Dock Mount
-Scangauge II with Blendmount
-Maglight Flashlight in Cargo area
-WeatherTech Cargo Cover
-Full V-LEDS Dome lights
-Raingler Nets
-Blue Sea Auxiliary Fuse Box
-Code 3 Rockerpak 5 Switch Box for LED lights/Accessories
-OTRATTW Switches
-Shome Traffic Advisor controller

Suspension and Axles:
-Stock Bilsteins
-Timbrens Rear Bumpstops

Mods Wanted/On Order:
-To be updated soon. Sorry, the suspense still awaits! LOL :D

Comments: This will be a slow build thread but this site has been great in helping me with my researching and seeing how I had a 1st gen, I know what I need to get that meets my wheeling needs, but at the same time, keeping it as my DD since I do a 50 mile commute each day.

CURRENT:

Here's a short story about me and my passion for Xterras, I owned a 2001 Nissan Xterra SE in Alpine Green. It was my first 4x4 so I wanted to see how far it can go mod-wise, and I had installed Shrock sliders, Shrock Skids, Shrock front bumper with WARN XD9000, tons of off-road lights, many more to list. Sadly, there was some family trouble and I had to sell it to help my family out (Still wishing I kept it for trail rig). Here's a couple pics of it:

2001 Xterra:

After I sold it, I got a Ford Explorer Sport Trac, it was a nice truck but it started having problems, with 8 visits to the dealership in less than 2 years with repeated results of not being fixed so I had enough of it plus warranty was about to expire so didn't want to be stuck with the out of warranty repairs so I traded it in:

Ford Explorer Sport Trac:

Then after I traded it in, I had scoured every car lot looking for SUVs and none had what I wanted as capable of going off-road, recovery points, aftermarkets, etc so I decided to give the Xterra another try seeing I had owned one and it was the most reliable car I have ever owned, so took one out for a test drive and I was immediately sold on it! Bought a 2012 Xterra Pro-4x!

2012 Xterra Pro-4x:
Day I bought it:

More Pics:

5/5/2012:
Heftys Sliders:

5/8/12
V-LEDS Dome Lights

5/25/12
Raingler Nets

8/5/12
LED Backup lights/License Plate (Cell pics don't capture LEDs very well)

10/22/12
20" Rigids/Switch and Raptor Mod: (Cell pics don't capture LEDs very well)

Gobi Ladder

1/12/13
Fog Light HIDs

Before (Just stock headlights only):

After with stock headlights and HID Fogs (Pic doesn't do it justice, the HIDs out brights the headlights):

3/1/13
Auxiliary Fuse Box and 5-switch control box with OTRATTW switches

3/28/13
Rear LED Lights

Will get some night pics later.

3/28/13
Rock LED Lights

Will get night pics later.

5/23/2013
Traffic Advisor

9/1/2013

Night Shots

Here's some nightshots.

I was headed home and I decided to take a country road home, saw a couple having car trouble and activated all of my lights to warn traffic and stayed until a tow truck arrived. This was around 3am in the morning. The pics was taken after the tow truck left with the disabled vehicle.

Full front Lights and side lights:

Full Rear Light and side lights:

Traffic bar warning drivers rounding the curve:

This is all for now! More pics as I work on some mods eventually.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Nice X! So.... what do you have planned for mods? :iconbiggrin:

·
Registered
143 Posts
Good luck with it, after looking at your first Xterra I am excited to see what you have in store for this one. Also, I love white!!!! My only regret...

·
on line
3,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
187 Posts
Nice X! What kind of problems did you have with the sport trac? My mom had an 01 with nearly no problems. Now her 07 Explorer is a different story... She's reaching 100k miles now and the wheel bearings have been fixed but still bad noises. Since day one the transmission has acted funny. First thing in the morning it likes to "hiccup". The dealer says notjing is wrong and it's normal. Yeah, BS...

·
on line
3,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nice X! What kind of problems did you have with the sport trac? My mom had an 01 with nearly no problems. Now her 07 Explorer is a different story... She's reaching 100k miles now and the wheel bearings have been fixed but still bad noises. Since day one the transmission has acted funny. First thing in the morning it likes to "hiccup". The dealer says notjing is wrong and it's normal. Yeah, BS...
Thanks. Yeah I had that transmission issue, was very annoying, and I kept having problems with tire sensors even after they all had been replaced, i would still get the warning errors on my dash about it. Even the slightest spin on a wet road when taking off, it'd go into 4x4 momentarily....just a headache it seems. Was so glad to trade it in.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
187 Posts
Thanks. Yeah I had that transmission issue, was very annoying, and I kept having problems with tire sensors even after they all had been replaced, i would still get the warning errors on my dash about it. Even the slightest spin on a wet road when taking off, it'd go into 4x4 momentarily....just a headache it seems. Was so glad to trade it in.
Posted via Mobile Device
No news there :scratch: When the 4x4 kicked in did it sound like a pop and you could feel it? Whenever the wheels spin when it's in auto it sounds like somethin is gonna break. All of it is annoying but I guess it's the nature of the beast? Did you have the 4.6 V8? That sucker hauls! It's a nice vehicle with all the goodies but it's got some quirks...

1 - 20 of 64 Posts