Full shrock skids
White Knuckle sliders
Hefty rear tire carrier
Ballistic fab rear diff cover
Shock mount skids
Prg u bolt flip and bash plates
Smitty built x20 10 k winch w\ synthetic rope
Factor55 prolink

Comments: I've finally decided to build a thread for my truck, I've had it's since 2009 and have only recently started making major improvements. I don't wheel a ton but would like to start going more and checking out new places. I do tow a camper, so my goal is to build a more capable rig with performance in mind along with still maintaining my requirements for towing.

PHOTOS

Here are some pics.

Stock

As it was with nisstec co's and no extra leaf installed
Pic in meeting area at Gremlin Graveyard on recent Nexterra run

After the run, a bit of editing on the pic

With Radflo 2.5's up front, ome extra leaf installed in back.

Sliders installed, received bare metal, prepped, primed and painted, grip tape added.

Towing our RV

New pics.

In progress.

Pic with shackles installed with hd ome leafpack, about 3.5" rear lift, cranked the front co's up to 3" to keep a little rake, rides great...even better than before I think.

Shackles

Installed new brake pads also.

bashed the hell out of my front rad skid, c'mon shrock hurry up..

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Looking good! I owned my X for about 2 yrs before I really began to mod it, too. But once it starts, it really never seems to end. :)

Love the blue! *jealous*

·
on line
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looking good! I owned my X for about 2 yrs before I really began to mod it, too. But once it starts, it really never seems to end. :)

Love the blue! *jealous*
thanks. the blue has grown on me too, wasn't my first choice but I love it now. yeah, the modding probably will never stop

·
on line
3,647 Posts
Liking good dude. We will surely have to go wheeling in the Spring. I know another member and I are going to need to do a shakedown run before Moab.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
on line
576 Posts
Nisstec ever fix the issue with your front suspension?

·
on line
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nisstec ever fix the issue with your front suspension?
Fixed,no,but they are taking them back and swapping for radflos,I'm paying the diff.. I've had great service and they have been helpful,they just don't know what is wrong either without looking at them.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
906 Posts
I just backed mine off a little bit about 1/4-1/2" and it made a difference for me. Once I load the front with a bumper, I would say they will be just about right. I am able to navigate the speed bumps and such much better. I still can't go flying over a speed bump, but the man holes and such are definitely better. I will be interested to hear about your experience with your new set-up.

·
on line
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Updated first thread with a new pic. Installed my new radflo 2.5's up front with 500lb springs and installed the extra ome leaf in the back. Overall I really like the upgrade, I'm keeping a slight rake right now but will play with height more once I have the sliders and skids installed. First impressions of the radlo's are really good, the 500lb spring is so much better for me without a front bumper, ride is much smoother and not nearly as harsh as the nisstec co's with the 600lb springs, not bouncy at all either. I was a bit concerned at first that the rear would be too stiff with the extra leaf, but it's really not, only driven it this afternoon but hit a local dirt road and handled great, gained about 3" in the back overall and an extra 440lbs carry capacity too. Very happy now with this setup, a nice mix function and performance, exactly what I was looking for

·
on line
3,647 Posts
Man those look great. Gonna be doing some wheeling soon. Have you extended your rear diff breather?

I did some prep on my sliders today and installed skids to cut down on the amount of work I have to do on the mod day. That way I will be free to help others
Posted via Mobile Device

·
on line
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
nope, haven't done the breather yet..on my short list if I get around to ordering the parts..cool that your getting a head start..think I fixed the clunk noise too, torqued down all my front body mounts and it seems to have gone away..go figure..

·
on line
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Updated OP with some new items, installed prg shackles with my ome hd leafpack, on the lowest setting for now but I'm at about 3.5" in the rear, cranked up my rad to give me about 3" in the front, did a little shaving of the coilbucket so I have NO contact with nisstec uca's at full droop and installed some new brake pads..Overall, truck rides better I think now on the road at least, not sure why, but it does..doesn't look all that bad with the 265/75/16's either, I was a bit worried it would look at with more lift. overall very happy...more to come...

1 - 20 of 189 Posts