Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
on line
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed the Titan XE, SE, and LE come with 2.937 gears in the diffs. I also noticed that the 4x2 auto X, S, and SE Xterra's come with the 2.937 gears in the diffs (C200 rear diff). This should make it possible to match the Titan front diff gears to the C200 rear diff gears.

I know it sucks having such small gears but it seems like a possibility.

Edit: Moved for ya. - cornick

·
on line
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry please move this to Engine and Power train!!!! I had a brain fart :drink:

·
on line
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im not saying you have to have a 4x2. you can find a junked 4x2 and get the rear end gears and switch them!

·
on line
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ha sorry. i am doing all this thinking while trying to study for my Engines and Power Trains test tomorrow. I think im going a little crazy

·
on line
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
and then maybe Atlas will come out with a adapter kit for the Xterra and we can put a bad ass transfer case in there and have a bad ass truck. Man all that would cost a lot of money.

and with the atlas 4speed at 1:10.34 in its lowest gear we could have a craw ration of 1:116.68!!

·
on line
3,218 Posts
then maybe Atlas will come out with a adapter kit for the Xterra and we can put a bad ass transfer case in there and have a bad ass truck. Man all that would cost a lot of money.

:rr: Project X2

·
on line
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks. I was just found and was reading that thread. Pretty cool.

All though putting such a low range transfer case in would DEFINITELY test out the strength of the diffs.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts