Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Midnight Blue 2007 X
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone !
So after a long debate ( me and myself 馃ぃ 馃ぃ ) after thinking on just doing a simple 2 inch lift I am planning on doing titan swap
in the end it will be about what $1k more but those parts that will be replaced are good prats to have new anyways..
like upper and lower control arms and stuff like that...

So here I what to make a list of all the parts that I need to do the swap and if I missed or there is something ( for same price ) please do let me know

Front Suspension
Alldogs Offroad High Clearance Upper Control Arms $489.00
Radflo 2.0" front coilovers $1,050.00

Parts from RockAuto

Rear Suspension
LEAF SPRING - PERFORMANCE LOAD (0-660LBS) $450
Bilstein 5125 Series Extended Travel Rear Shock $ 200
Adjustable 1" 1.5" and 2" Lift Shackles $153
SpiderTrax Hub Centric Wheel Spacers $129

Extras
Full Xterra Extended Brake Line Kit $203.00
Replacement Forward Leaf Spring Bolts $30
Replacement Lower Shock Bolts $35
Upper Control Arm Bolts $40
SPC 87520 Camber Bolt Kit $60 ( as far as I understand this is for lower control arms ? )
Shims ? / what % ?

And lots of those blades lol 馃ぃ

The total so far ( without shipping % tax ) $3295
how quickly the numbers go up .. lol
Is there any better prices I can buy same stuff or something ? anyone knows any suggestions ? anything I missed ?

Registered
The upper arms from Alldogs are not titan length and if u want cheaper why not getting tundra shocks set up instead of radflo? East cost run this set up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
The mevotechs UCAs on Rockauto are the same as the SPCs. I've had the Xterra and Titan SPCs control arms and never had an issue.
Make sure you use the 5% coupon.

You don't need 2 sets of UCA bolts. There's only one out of the 4 that needs to be cut.

Check MOOG K80276 for camber bolts on amazon. You'll save $20. That's what I used before getting my DB lift.

Shims will depend on how much lift you end up with.

You don't need rear brake line extensions. You can make a simple bracket to move the axle mounting point up. My fenders are at 45" and I still have the stock rear brakelines.

Registered
I'd consider getting the Hitachi inner/outer TRs, those are OEM and will most likely last longer than the Mevotechs you have listed. Also, are those CVs extended length?

Registered
2011 Pro4X 6SM Night Armor
Have you consider Nisstec? That is what I paid for my kit recently.
I understand the wait time but is one stop shop for the same price.
Are you doing the work yourself?
Any additional tools you need?
There are other variables

Registered
09, lifted, 33's
Just being a voice of reason but love the idea to lift it once and be done with it...:

Do you have any major maintenance ($$$$$) that needs done based on the age of your X? Timing chain, radiator, cats, etc. Also, a thorough rust check based on the photo of your shock rust.

There may be confusion above if you are going M205 or extended cv R180.

Registered
Midnight Blue 2007 X
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The mevotechs UCAs on Rockauto are the same as the SPCs. I've had the Xterra and Titan SPCs control arms and never had an issue.
Make sure you use the 5% coupon.

You don't need 2 sets of UCA bolts. There's only one out of the 4 that needs to be cut.

Check MOOG K80276 for camber bolts on amazon. You'll save $20. That's what I used before getting my DB lift.

Shims will depend on how much lift you end up with.

You don't need rear brake line extensions. You can make a simple bracket to move the axle mounting point up. My fenders are at 45" and I still have the stock rear brakelines.
Ok thank you for the tip for the bolts that I just need one set.. and should look for some at amazon..
so those UCAs are good the one I have on the list ? or no .. i need to replace them can you give me a link ?

Have you consider Nisstec? That is what I paid for my kit recently.
I understand the wait time but is one stop shop for the same price.
Are you doing the work yourself?
Any additional tools you need?
There are other variables
I did but I believe it comes out more expensive.. ? what exact kit did you get if you dont mind me asking
And yes I am going to do/try to do most of the work myself ... maybe I will ask some Xterra guys to come over and give me a hand .. or two.. lol
still need to look what tools I need.. I know I will need torque wrench for sure..

Just being a voice of reason but love the idea to lift it once and be done with it...:

Do you have any major maintenance ($$$$$) that needs done based on the age of your X? Timing chain, radiator, cats, etc. Also, a thorough rust check based on the photo of your shock rust.

There may be confusion above if you are going M205 or extended cv R180.
I already replaced radiator not too long ago and passenger side cat

I am just going extened cr R180

Registered
2011 Pro4X 6SM Night Armor
The kit I purchased was their advertised kit on their web page with the radflo 2.0
I just check they are $2840 for the kit
Give them a call you might be surprised
I had a good experience with their service
I do hope you get some help it took me a week to do everything myself
Biggest problem for me was separating LCA ball joint
And tools yes torque wrench, a good floor jack, inner tie rod tool remover, impact wrench, jigsaw just in case you have to cut bolts.

Registered
Ok thank you for the tip for the bolts that I just need one set.. and should look for some at amazon..
so those UCAs are good the one I have on the list ? or no .. i need to replace them can you give me a link ?
I don't think the AOD ones will work with a Titan swap.
These are the SPC/Mevotech on rockauto.

If you want to order from ADO these are the same arms SPC 25560 Upper Control Arms for Nissan Armada / Titan / Titan Swap

AOD would come out a little cheaper for me on the arms since they don't seem to charge shipping or tax on them

Registered
2011 pro4-x T swapped and pin striped
Call nisstec, I got my T swap through them. They know what their talking and will put together a kit based on your needs and wants with multiple options. I did all the work myself and called them a couple times with questions and they were great. It literally came with EVERYTHING you need except the tools, anti seize and grease. Wait for a sale and spend that stimulus money lol

Registered
Midnight Blue 2007 X
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you so much guys !! I will definitely give them a call or send them e-mail soon then ! but probably its better to call ))
and thank you for the links !

as for help I think this time I will need to get some help eventho I do try to do most of the work myself and record it for YT but this is a big project and I with the work I have I won't have enough time to finish all in even 2 days on the weekend I feel like.. so I would need to find some local xterra volunteers lol 馃ぃ

Registered
Midnight Blue 2007 X
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
By the way.. what are your guys opinion on Ironman4x4 leaf packs ? they looks like only $450 plus they offer free shipping...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts